Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Night_Train
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx CrazyTrain, yes have two good local shops here that can tune with dynojet equipment, they prefer the PCV.

Gordon, the front has a drop in kit, just extends itself on the jack is all.
I looked at using the Tmax w/ autotune, the two biggest advantages I saw was Tmax is its own ECU (non piggy back) and has a built in Baro, it would also add some features to the speedo I just bought. Jamie over at Fuel moto has been having great success with the PCV, so I thought I would stay with the tried and true.
Sure would'nt mind hearing your input on this though! Have you seen the new Power Vision unit over at FM?

Ray

Old 03-05-2011, 09:56 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Theres no need for the dynol with the auto tune right?... But sure would be nice to see the numbers NT...

Joshy... whats up brother... you good?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Night_Train
Road Master

Story,

That's pretty much right if you have a base map that's pretty close.
I want to put it on dyno like you said for the numbers and see what the timing is doing. Theres a nasty lil deal that gets feed back from the coils (ION sensing) and if it doesnt like whats goin on it starts pulling spark out of the engine, so may have to have that table remaped on the stock ecu.
Dude that 23" wheel is TALL! going to be simply badazz man, you gonna take another 2" out of your sliders?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pitts are pretty sweet dyna, but i gotta cast my for BOXERS...

Old 03-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dunno what happened to my post from last night, but you gotta good lookin doggy there DB! Seems quite content laying there makin sure nobody gets too close to the Train! LOL!
My Staffordshire loves to swim, but you gotta keep him occupied - throwing stuff for him to fetch. The pit will just go out swimming popping her front feet on the water and chompin at it till she pukes. This would go on til she drowns, if you'd let her...... hiliarious!
Sharp lookin friends ya'll have too, Tart and Scheers!
Crapolla NT!! Didn't know you were building a rocketship!! Very nice! The apes will make it interesting. Now you just need a foot clutch/hand shifter..... LMAO!!
Hope you guys have a great weekend!!

Old 03-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Night_Train
Road Master

Chuck,
lol no rocketship here man, just wanna keep up with the CVO boys (& make em cry).
Foot clutch & jockey shift....that would be like watching a monkey f'n a football with me drivin!
You been over to check the damage out yet? you're welcome to have the forward controls back if the boards are too messed up

Ray

Old 03-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn NT..gonna breath fire!!! Funny story bout them apes n big motors. My buddy has a 127" monster,he..ah..ran from the cops and may or may not have had his apes roll back on him...needless to say he runs 12" bars now.

Mark WTF? I didn't know we were going 23" and air ride. Gonna be siiiickkkk!!! And the paint scheme on the shovel, will be much more badass, same colors but, I have a friend at Time Warp Customs he's gonna help me out and let me borrow his brain. So HEAVY metal flake with blues, gold, and silver. Should be sick I flat black pc'd the frame.

J Whats up dude you been MIA as long as me, glad to hear from ya hows life with the lil man??? I'm scared shitless, three weeks to go.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:27 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,362 Likes on 2,573 Posts

NT that thing ought to **** off 1 0r 2 CVO'S.Recent experience with a PCV AT on a TC stroker motor was less than stellar. Jamie threw several different combos at them to enhance but couldn't get the stumble out of them.Don't know if it was a timing thing or not.1st gear under 4g and 2nd gear same.I'm not good with these things by any means but the old man that we use is.I've watched him for almost 30 years now.He won't use the stuff. Switched to a T-Max and problem gone along with better numbers across the board.I prefer the older SERTS but that's just me. I run my motor well over 7k and get no hesitation or decel pop ever.the TQ rolls up to the limit on the wheel.I've had the SERT on my Train from pipes and AC all the way thru the lastest mods.Lots of people swear by FM so all can't be wrong.They work good with pipes,mild cams and AC but seem to be limited once you make air flow,headwork,TB and larger cams come into play.Since you've invested so much why not get the tuner that will make the best numbers.My thought is you need a unit that will stay where you put it on the dyno not something that will change timing or anything else by itself.Nothing like a 120lbof tq. setting a Metzler on fire to put a smile on your face.Keep a eye on your skinney belt.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Camackawitz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NT. That will eat any cvo crap for lunch no prob. If you don't want an *** hauler you sure got the parts to do and spent some coin too. Its gonna be sweet I'm sure.

Mastertune can handle any big inch motor you throw at it.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Live2rideUtah
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i need to hang out here more often, these trains are lookin sick and making me want to find a nice evo and join the club...lundee what up man you got any good indys you'd reccomend, gonna swith out my bars and dont know if i have the patience for the internal wiring....

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures