Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 12:17 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok i got another idea for a mod before spring...does anybody know if i can scotch brite my chrome inserts on my wheels then use a chemical to antique it??.wut chemical is it and where do i find it....i know there was a guy with an xbones that did it but he started with copper, i was thinking i could scotch brite it till i hit the copper nickel in the chrome...then after antique will it rust or should i clear it?? also could i do the heat sheilds or would the heat do somthing to it

Old 02-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Camackawitz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The coil relocation is fairly easy you have to extend wires to coil and swap front and rear cyclinder wires I believe they are the bottom two wires orange/blue and green/yellow. The bracket I made is pretty simple to. Nothing you cant do at home If it takes a couple tries so be it....

As for wiring the apes the hardest part is getting the wires to feed thru...I used and old thorttle cable and housing to pull/push thru. I also taped all the pins from the connector together to protect them from being bent on the pull thru. Once you get that done its simple plug by color...Mine went well one side was a little trying but I got er' done.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Camackawitz
Cruiser

Jcall also you have to order custom wires myself and TX I believe got them from US Kool Lines. I am happy with mine superior quality fast/cheap shipping....

IMG-20110214-00249.jpg?t=1298485962

Old 02-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Schaub85
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys have all these ideas and I honestly dont have anything I'm dying to do to my bike(aside from the dash I'm working on). I truly love it the way it is. I still feel jealous tho, half the fun was installing new ****, even if it ended up costing more than planned.

Truck is getting a new stereo tho!

Old 02-23-2011, 12:46 PM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do i have to get a new coil or can use the stock one for the relocation?
Ill be staying with drag style bars i believe but still want everything in the bars and not all over the place.

Also what are the "pins" you are talking about ?

Last edited by jcallesano; 02-23-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Tartarus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hdnightrain04
We just an update to the 16" Gorilla apes I got for my train. I ended up with getting the Burly kit for cables/wires. I went through Eastern performance. They actually had an awesome price and shipped real quick. Not to mention, didn't charge for shipping. Don't know if being military had anything to do with it, but that is just a perk for wearing the uniform I guess. I ordered last thursday, got them on tuesday.
Anyways, now I am gunna try to "ride-out" the fuel....siphon the last, and yank the tank. I asked the guy at Eastern if he had any tips or suggestions....all he said was "Take your time....read the directions, label, label, label, and uh...take you time.
Any suggestions or key tips from the Night Train stable of hard knocks? Quite a few of you guys completed this task. Anything you all found out you shoulda-coulda-woulda during this process? Any part of the process caused you enough grief that forced you to take a break and make a drink or two and smoke a cigarette?
Go ahead .....spit it out.
Pictures will follow as embark on this GLORIOUS mission of rightous APE-ness.
You don't actually have to remove the tank completly if your just installing apes you just need to slide it back
I watched some br videos when i did mine http://www.brcustomcycles.com/HOW_TO_VIDEOS_FROM_BR.php

Old 02-23-2011, 01:43 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Eric the shocks from Mike shipped this morning USPS priority enjoy...

DB... Don't do it... Just my opinion though?

Old 02-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Tartarus
Road Warrior

Cool thanks Mark and DB i would ask the guy with the crossbones but i don't think it would look as good on your ride

Old 02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When he's says pins... he's talking about the to conectors under each side of the tank that goes to ecah side of the bars for the control switches... one is grey and one is black if I remember correctly... anyway you'll need to pull the pins from the conectors but be for you pull them draw a picture of them and mark where each colored wire goes so you won't make any mistakes putting it back together... thats what they mean when they say take your time do it right the first time and no suprises when you finish... hope this helps... busy at work today... mark

Last edited by story808; 02-23-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Camackawitz
Cruiser

The pins are in the duetsch connectors they have to be pulled from the housing like story said. Also when you go to plug everything back in make sure your colors line up on the wires inside both plugs and yes stock coil is what I used

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures