Crossbones Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011 | 10:05 AM
sthorne
Intermediate

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
nice ! how much did you rake the front end ? i've been hoping somebody would do that , to get rid of the "pushed in front end" look
Thanks, bud. The chief mechanic at the local HD dealership used to run his own custom shop. He's done about 400 of these things, by his own estimate. He cuts the front end off at the neck, then welds a wedge in between. He lengthens the front fork just about two inches so that the axle rocker is parallel to the ground and the front end is not too low (the bikes already lowered to the max, according to them -- tho I'd like it lower!). He's out right now so I can't get him to find out the exact rake degrees-wise, but it was around three, I'd say. Very subtle. What was cool was that when he first cut the neck, he didn't cut it all the way so it was flexible. He had me come in and look at the rake as he pulled the front end out until I liked where it was. It turned out looking a little less than it had that day because of the crash bar. I'm now debating whether to add the heritage fender or a bigger wheel. I hate the way the front tire can look smaller than the back.

Old 06-06-2011 | 07:40 PM
fordaith
Tourer

@Cajun,

Nice looking bike, especially the color, heh. You beat me to a lot of the stuff I wanted to do to my bike or was on the fence on.

Old 06-07-2011 | 11:19 AM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member

Sweet Bike sthorne!
Raking the front end has been on my wish list for some time...along with a 21
Looks (and Sounds) like it was done right...
any low speed issues?

Also love the knuckle covers!

CC

Last edited by Cheesecake; 06-07-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-07-2011 | 06:05 PM
meatsack
Banned

Originally Posted by sthorne
Here are some pix of my '08 Bones with full fender, front end raked, Xzotic knucklehead rocker covers, V&H Shorties, Leather Connexion bags
Awesome.

Love the knuckleheads! Need a closer pic of the artwork on the rear fender...I wanna see it!

Old 06-08-2011 | 07:39 AM
sthorne
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cheesecake
Sweet Bike sthorne!
Raking the front end has been on my wish list for some time...along with a 21
Looks (and Sounds) like it was done right...
any low speed issues?

Also love the knuckle covers!

CC
No low-speed issues, really. It's so stable on the road now, handles much differently. Solid as a rock with that longer wheelbase. Maybe not so nimble in a parking lot but, really, that's a temporary adjustment and I can turn it just as tight now as before. No floppiness, either. The guy's a master's in electrical engineering, so he's no slouch. Did a great job. Unfortunately, my new tailight's not working. Go figure.

Thanks for the kind words. Real nice bobber look to yours. Beautiful job. I think the stock front end looks great in that style.

Old 06-08-2011 | 05:20 PM
sthorne
Intermediate
Default Pinup

For those who've asked, here's a closeup of my pinup. Thanks for the kind words, Meatsack.

Attached Thumbnails  Crossbones Pictures-20100305-500-ax.jpg  
Old 06-09-2011 | 01:39 AM
xenosanderson
Novice

Crossbone is my second favourite category by Harley.And you guys really shared a very wonder full pictures out here.Simply eye catching.Thanks.

Old 06-09-2011 | 09:55 PM
2008crossbones
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 22Moe
I just have to say that I bought my X-Bones while here in Iraq, it is sitting at my dealer waiting for me. I have googled the **** out of the bike an your pictures have given me some great ideas. I sat up and read this whole thread last night, all 90 pages (with deathly slow internet). Well worth it, keep it up and i will post pictures as i get them. She has the Low Cat, power commander V, and waiting on a hyper-charger.

thanks for helpin out
with respect -MOE

THANK you brother for you sacrifice ,, be safe and get back here and ride the sheet out of that bike!!!

Old 06-09-2011 | 10:00 PM
2008crossbones
Road Captain

Originally Posted by xbone
Does anyone know where to get whitewalls for the rear tire thats a 200. I can't find them anywhere. Elvis here is a pic of the red rims.

jp cycles has them...

Old 06-10-2011 | 12:10 AM
meatsack
Banned

Originally Posted by sthorne
For those who've asked, here's a closeup of my pinup. Thanks for the kind words, Meatsack.
Damn...there is nothing like pinup artwork...she's gorgeous!

Quick Reply: Crossbones Pictures