Crossbones Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010 | 04:09 AM
xbone
Novice
Default whitewalls

Does anyone know where to get whitewalls for the rear tire thats a 200. I can't find them anywhere. Elvis here is a pic of the red rims.

Attached Thumbnails  Crossbones Pictures-100_3447.jpg    Crossbones Pictures-100_3449.jpg  
Old 11-26-2010 | 06:15 AM
ranger fan
Cruiser

xbone. you have to have them made. nobody makes them. http://www.dbtires.com/

Old 11-30-2010 | 02:15 PM
jrjones
Tourer

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...than-16-a.html

This is from the softail section. They make them but the are expensive!!!

Old 12-01-2010 | 01:21 PM
flyingtiger77
Cruiser

Sample of artwork from the painter. Tiger to go on rear fender (only fender) and the trademark AVG shark face on the tank. Plus some extra, I'll post pic when all complete. Can't wait to get her back together and go for a ride!!

Attached Thumbnails  Crossbones Pictures-paint-sample.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010 | 05:04 PM
BayBones
Tourer
Default Metal Tool Box

It's amazing how different these bikes can look after all starting out life looking identical!!! But then thats the beauty of owning a HD - the number of after market parts and options available for making your ride look different from everybody elses. I have owned and driven metric bikes for 34 years and now have my first HD (2009 Xbones) and just can't get over the number of parts available.

One thing that I have not seen much of in all the pictures of amazing mods on this site (I have seen them all I think) is the black metal tool box being used with the Xbones saddle bags!?! Is there a problem with the fit, or clearance or are they just not that popular? If anybody has a pic of their Xbones with both these items onn the bike together I would love to see it.
Thanks from the happy Canadian newby

Old 12-19-2010 | 02:01 AM
Dethroned Emperor
Intermediate

I was looking for a FXSTSB (Bad Boy) to replace one stolen from me years ago, but couldn't find any seemingly nice ones in my budget range within a day's ride of me.

Did a local search for Cross Bones just for the heck of it --- thinking that none of them would be in my price range. Lo and behold I found an '08 for a fair price, arranged a showing Friday afternoon and then read this entire thread (*in awe of what some of you have done to your Cross Bones and the potential they have*).

Saw the bike today and it was at 1st sight and I was even further smitten when he fired the thing up !!

Pulled the trigger and should be picking the beast up this week. Just crappy cell phone pics for now, but will post a few more once she's cleaned-up and in my grubby little paws.

Name:  IMG00011-20101218-1328.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  78.4 KB

Name:  IMG00013-20101218-1329.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  54.4 KB

Old 12-23-2010 | 04:19 PM
dc4stroke
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dethroned Emperor
I was looking for a FXSTSB (Bad Boy) to replace one stolen from me years ago, but couldn't find any seemingly nice ones in my budget range within a day's ride of me.

Did a local search for Cross Bones just for the heck of it --- thinking that none of them would be in my price range. Lo and behold I found an '08 for a fair price, arranged a showing Friday afternoon and then read this entire thread (*in awe of what some of you have done to your Cross Bones and the potential they have*).

Saw the bike today and it was at 1st sight and I was even further smitten when he fired the thing up !!

Pulled the trigger and should be picking the beast up this week. Just crappy cell phone pics for now, but will post a few more once she's cleaned-up and in my grubby little paws.

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy.

Old 12-23-2010 | 11:31 PM
Dethroned Emperor
Intermediate
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dc4stroke
Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy.
Thanks, DC4.

I'm combing through this thread once more as I've got the title in hand and work & weather should be cooperating enough tomorrow to provide the opportunity for me to pick her up!

Riding some tomorrow, cleaning her up, then riding some more.

Then I'll be asking all sorts of questions (that have probably been asked a few 100x or so).

MERRY X-BONES TO ME!!!!

Last edited by Dethroned Emperor; 12-23-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-24-2010 | 10:12 PM
Dethroned Emperor
Intermediate

[IMG]https://www.hdforums.com/forum/Name:  IMG_2830.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  123.6 KB[/IMG]Name:  IMG_2829.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  68.9 KB

I stopped riding when it dipped into the 20's. Tomorrow and Sunday will be in the low 50's. Glad I finally could ride her and have fun. The Yaffe exhaust is stellar, though I'd never ride this thing w/ anything less than a pair of jeans on -- kinda had to kick my right foot to the outside of the floorboard to avoid contact w/ the pipes. Extremely small price to pay however.

And to anyone coming from a skinny 21" Softail front wheel: it feels, to me, that the turning/steering is not as precise on the 16" Cross Bones stock front wheel -- but you get used to it after a few miles. Another very small price to pay for the awesomeness that is the X-Bones.

Name:  IMG_2828.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  69.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2830.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  123.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2836.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  79.1 KB

Last edited by Dethroned Emperor; 12-24-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-25-2010 | 11:39 AM
snook592
Club Member

Originally Posted by Dethroned Emperor
[/IMG]

I stopped riding when it dipped into the 20's. Tomorrow and Sunday will be in the low 50's. Glad I finally could ride her and have fun. The Yaffe exhaust is stellar, though I'd never ride this thing w/ anything less than a pair of jeans on -- kinda had to kick my right foot to the outside of the floorboard to avoid contact w/ the pipes. Extremely small price to pay however.

And to anyone coming from a skinny 21" Softail front wheel: it feels, to me, that the turning/steering is not as precise on the 16" Cross Bones stock front wheel -- but you get used to it after a few miles. Another very small price to pay for the awesomeness that is the X-Bones.

Nice looking sled!

Quick Reply: Crossbones Pictures