Crossbones Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010 | 05:07 PM
theiguy
Intermediate

Snook592, it looks like you mean the stocker? Ive heard of a lot of people who like it, it is a tourer seat afterall, but it's hit or miss. If it works, right on!

Old 09-29-2010 | 09:42 AM
sthorne
Intermediate
Default Work in Progress

This is the latest pic of my 'Bones. I had the front end raked out just a few degrees -- about four-five inches -- last winter. I'm in the process of collecting some brass parts and deciding what to do with my handlebars. If anyone knows where to get some nice, bevelled dogbone risers in brass, please tell me. I'm also considering an open primary project this winter.

Stephen

Attached Thumbnails  Crossbones Pictures-20100710-3-100-awx.jpg  
Old 09-29-2010 | 10:02 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by sthorne
This is the latest pic of my 'Bones. I had the front end raked out just a few degrees -- about four-five inches -- last winter. I'm in the process of collecting some brass parts and deciding what to do with my handlebars. If anyone knows where to get some nice, bevelled dogbone risers in brass, please tell me. I'm also considering an open primary project this winter.

Stephen
the rake looks great , but were you thinking nobody would notice the knuckleheads ? nice !!!!

about the rake ... do you notice any difference in the handling or turning radius ?
and did changing the rake lower the bike at all , and if so what did you do to compensate ?

Old 09-29-2010 | 12:25 PM
angelis
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sthorne

Stephen
For the Risers check out West Eagle, they will cost you a pretty penny though.

Old 09-30-2010 | 07:28 AM
sthorne
Intermediate

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
the rake looks great , but were you thinking nobody would notice the knuckleheads ? nice !!!!

about the rake ... do you notice any difference in the handling or turning radius ?
and did changing the rake lower the bike at all , and if so what did you do to compensate ?

Thanks buddy. Yes, I forgot to mention the knuckleheads. Would like to add a kidney-shaped points cover too but I can't with those pipes, and I like the pipes more than I want the cover.

The rake completely changed the handling -- for the better. The bike is so stable on the road. It's a totally relaxing ride. Well, as relaxing as a ride on a bike like this can be (bad year for bugs!). I was just mentioning to someone the other day that the bike is less nimble, but the rake isn't so drastic that you have to make multiple-point turns to get it around in the street or whatever. It took a few rides to get used to that, but it's easy now. The stability is just an incredibly positive difference.

We lengthened the front fork about two inches. The bike is slightly lower but that adjustment prevented the lowering from becoming too much. It already had a lowering kit installed and was down as far as it could go. The guy who did the front end has raked about 400 bikes; he's really good.

Old 09-30-2010 | 07:38 AM
sthorne
Intermediate

Originally Posted by angelis
For the Risers check out West Eagle, they will cost you a pretty penny though.

What doesn't?! Will do. Thanks, bud.

Old 09-30-2010 | 07:52 AM
sthorne
Intermediate
Default Risers

500 bucks! YOUCH!!!

Old 09-30-2010 | 10:45 AM
Tartarus
Road Warrior

Great looking bike sthorne I love the knuckle covers

Old 09-30-2010 | 12:38 PM
GI Joe
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Sgt Sportster
Took a few pics of the bones today with the real camera.

That bike is the nicest one on here. It made me wanna do the same to mine until I remembere its been done...and done well

Old 10-01-2010 | 04:44 PM
snook592
Club Member

Originally Posted by theiguy
Snook592, it looks like you mean the stocker? Ive heard of a lot of people who like it, it is a tourer seat afterall, but it's hit or miss. If it works, right on!

My seat is as far from the stcker as you can get. I have the King and queen retro 2 up seat. See if this photo helps any

Name:  IMG_2743.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  173.9 KB

Quick Reply: Crossbones Pictures