Crossbones Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008 | 04:14 PM
White Guy
|
Tourer
Default RE: Crossbones Pictures

lol.. Yeah I wear em.. I have a non-dot leather wrapped german helmet, and love the look of googles withthem. Plus, they keep all the wind out. I've raced mt. bikes and rode MX for so long, and haveso many great pairs of googles, it's a shame not to use em.. lol...

WG

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

White Guy, that looks great! Keep the exhaust like that.

And I just hafta ask.....Do you wear those Oakley goggles while you're ridin' your Harley?

Old 03-10-2008 | 05:06 PM
bub2007
Cruiser

Sweet ride, White guy... Looks good.....

Old 03-10-2008 | 06:24 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

lol That's funny! I raced motocross for about 12 years, and I still have a few good pairs of goggles layin' around. I might have to give it a try sometime. Preferably at night when no one can see me.

ORIGINAL: White Guy

lol.. Yeah I wear em.. I have a non-dot leather wrapped german helmet, and love the look of googles withthem. Plus, they keep all the wind out. I've raced mt. bikes and rode MX for so long, and haveso many great pairs of googles, it's a shame not to use em.. lol...

WG

White Guy, that looks great! Keep the exhaust like that.

And I just hafta ask.....Do you wear those Oakley goggles while you're ridin' your Harley?

Old 03-10-2008 | 06:57 PM
85FXWG
Outstanding HDF Member

Much better!!!!

ORIGINAL: White Guy

Ok, had to unrap the double.. Looks much better I think...

WG

I think if you got rid of the double wrap, the wrapped pipes would look awesome! That bike is supposed to have kind of a garage build look to it, and the wrapped pipes add to that look.

Old 03-10-2008 | 09:19 PM
BTL
Tourer

Looks much better now that more of the chrome pipe is showing, thats a keeper.

Old 03-10-2008 | 09:27 PM
grzly
Road Master

much better .. I was gunna have to put a call into Moco about you abusing a perfectly good bike.

Old 03-10-2008 | 09:49 PM
chris02324
Tourer

Thanks for the last pix. It was nnniicccce surprise as Iscrolled down through your pix.[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 03-11-2008 | 12:44 PM
Hardcorehunter
Advanced

Has anybody seen any aftermarket pipes that retain the longer length such as the stock ones on the crossbones? My flat black bike will be in by April 15th and I like the noise behind my wifes ears a little more than the short shots. We are leaning towards a suction cup seat for the rear; anybody have any pics of the passenger seat that harley is offering for these or a suction cup seat on a crossbones?

Old 03-11-2008 | 01:42 PM
White Guy
|
Tourer

Name:  rearseat.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  24.4 KBIf I were you I'd go for the Long Shots. The long versions of what I got. Don't get the suction pad if you care for wife's comfort and safty. Not sure how it would stick to the flat. If you plan on leaving the stock seat on, she'd be sitting lower than you. The Bones rear seat is quite a bit higher to fix that problem.I have the Sissy bar as well, but hate the quick release system, so I'm working on mounting it a different way... Here's a pic of the rear seat from harley's site..

WG

ORIGINAL: Hardcorehunter

Has anybody seen any aftermarket pipes that retain the longer length such as the stock ones on the crossbones? My flat black bike will be in by April 15th and I like the noise behind my wifes ears a little more than the short shots. We are leaning towards a suction cup seat for the rear; anybody have any pics of the passenger seat that harley is offering for these or a suction cup seat on a crossbones?

Old 03-11-2008 | 02:17 PM
85FXWG
Outstanding HDF Member

I installed a set of the Crossbones running boards today (part# 51347-08) and brake pedal pad (part# 43992-08) and a set of the Black mini apes (part# 56075-07) on my 2006 FLST. The parts guy said he ordered the new parts list for the crossbones today and should have it next week. I'll try and get a copy scanned and post it here. The running boards are pretty cool, I was surprised to find out the new crossbones running boardsride 3/4" lower than stock and they ride out away from the bike 3/4"also. This is good for you tall riders, I'm 6'2" and was looking for a way to drop the boards and this solved my problem. Even though it's only 3/4" down and out it makes a big difference for me. The only line I had to change for the bars was the brake line, I put a 2008 heritage brakeline on (08's are one piece) the throttle cables and clutch cable were long enough.
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]

Quick Reply: Crossbones Pictures