Crossbones Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009 | 10:39 AM
shootfirst83
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rowdy82
Are those the basic gimps or are they the midget or pudgy gimps? Looks great, i just got my 16" midget pudgy gimps today and cant get them on for a couple weeks so im trying to figure out how they will look. Great bike!!!
They are the regular Gimps. I originally ordered the midgets for my Sportster but ended up trading it in on the buy back program. It took 3 months for them to be delivered because I ordered them powder coated from Nash. After I mocked them up on the xbones, I decided that I wanted the wider bars. When I ordered the regular Gimps I sent Nash an email and asked how quick I could get a set in raw metal. They said pretty fast and they actually shipped out the next day! I suggest anyone who wants these, order them raw and have them powder coated yourself. That way you can get gloss black too. I'll try to dig up the pics I took of the midgets mocked up on my bike and pm you.

Old 05-18-2009 | 12:23 PM
porterjet
Tourer

1947 saddle with nostalgic skirt report.
After reading somewhere that this seat is a bit more comfortable than the stock tractor seat I thought I would try it. I can now recommend the 1925 seat without the nostalgic skirt.
Silly me, I expected the skirt to be leather and of nice quality. Actually the quality is OK, but it's RUBBER and the "chrome" concho is probably plastic and could be pulled out without much effort. The whole seat looks cheap because of the skirt and concho combination.
The seat is a bit more comfortable than the stock seat, but not all that much better. If that makes sense.
Sorry, no pictures, I keep forgetting. I could go take one now, but it's a black seat on a black bike under a black cover and the sun is down.

Old 05-18-2009 | 02:21 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain

Some updated pics in my album. I got the new fender put on, I'm really happy with the way it turned out especially the pinstriping. Next on the list is forward controls and lowering it 2".

Old 05-18-2009 | 06:57 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master
Default A/C, Exhaust & Cam Cover

Few more more mods, my LSR's came in about 2 weeks ago. I installed them along with the seemingly obigatory RSD AC, which I have had WAITING to go on for about 7 months now... LSR's were holding up the show. I also broke up my 'Black' theme with some more chrome on that cam cover. I couldn't resist, think it looks great but I need to tone down my break lever.

Next on the list is the rear fender, front springer set-up and I've got to do something with that damn horn...

Old 05-19-2009 | 07:39 PM
dc4stroke
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Zacharia_11
Few more more mods, my LSR's came in about 2 weeks ago. I installed them along with the seemingly obigatory RSD AC, which I have had WAITING to go on for about 7 months now... LSR's were holding up the show. I also broke up my 'Black' theme with some more chrome on that cam cover. I couldn't resist, think it looks great but I need to tone down my break lever.

Next on the list is the rear fender, front springer set-up and I've got to do something with that damn horn...
I like it..........Though I think I would have to powder coat the cam cover. And polish the fins. But, you got it lookin' good.........real good.

I think we all need to have a meet somewhere so we can see each others bones in person. Say.........In the middle of the country. But putting that together would be a logistical nightmare. But what the heck. You're all invited to come over to Bikes, Blues, and BBQ in Fayetteville, AR. The now 3rd largest rally in the country.

Old 05-19-2009 | 08:03 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by dc4stroke
I like it..........Though I think I would have to powder coat the cam cover. And polish the fins. But, you got it lookin' good.........real good.
Thanks, I didn't want to go tooooo black and the bike on my desktop looks kick @$$ with a chrome cam cover...(wait thats my bike!). They had a pc black one but I think I need something to break it up the darkness a little, the fins are really doing it for me so I am glad my eyes go to them.

Rally looks pretty good, you going to enter you bike this year? I see they have a 'Battle of the Bikes' maybe sneek into the 'vintage' crowed, you'd pass...

Old 05-20-2009 | 06:56 AM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks great. Nice job with the RSD stuff.

Old 05-26-2009 | 08:10 PM
MC 88
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Phil
Luv' this one too (Mostly RSD parts) :

That looks like a Rocker rear end...

Does anyone know whos bike that is or who did it..

Old 05-26-2009 | 09:23 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by MC 88
That looks like a Rocker rear end...

Does anyone know whos bike that is or who did it..
Bielefeld HD

Old 05-26-2009 | 10:13 PM
MC 88
Cruiser

Thanks.... That looks so trick.... I love the rear end. Maybe cause i have a Rocker.

Quick Reply: Crossbones Pictures