Crossbones Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009 | 04:50 PM
Flying Hog
Cruiser

HD makes the compact windscreen in black. That is the one I am getting soon. The FatBones is all that and then some by the way.

Name:  windscreen.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  10.8 KB

Old 05-11-2009 | 07:42 PM
dc4stroke
Road Captain
Default black

Well.....You know how it is. Ya buy something and then they come out with a "improved " model or style. I'll have to black my old one out myself. I ain't buying another one. Plus, I've already trimmed the thing to the size I wanted. It won't be hard to do. I just ain't got the time, right now.

Old 05-14-2009 | 01:28 PM
shootfirst83
Intermediate

Here's a few updated shot's of mine. I lowered it, changed the seat, added the sissy bar and put on the 16" gimps. In the process I managed to break my clutch cable housing, one of the bolts in the clutch release cover and I stripped out one of the risers. I guess I should have paid attention to the torques specs :-D

Attached Thumbnails  Crossbones Pictures-img_23721.jpg    Crossbones Pictures-img_23731.jpg    Crossbones Pictures-img_23741.jpg    Crossbones Pictures-img_23751.jpg  

Last edited by shootfirst83; 05-14-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2009 | 01:56 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by shootfirst83
Here's a few updated shot's of mine. I lowered it, changed the seat, added the sissy bar and put on the 16" gimps. In the process I managed to break my clutch cable housing, one of the bolts in the clutch release cover and I stripped out one of the risers. I guess I should have paid attention to the torques specs :-D
How much did you drop it by? The pic's came thru pretty small in the thumb nails. I like the red grips, but I am a sucker for the unique. Planning on carrying that red theme thru your bike any where else?

Old 05-15-2009 | 01:13 AM
shootfirst83
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Zacharia_11
How much did you drop it by? The pic's came thru pretty small in the thumb nails. I like the red grips, but I am a sucker for the unique. Planning on carrying that red theme thru your bike any where else?
I had to resize the pics because it kept complaining about them being too big.

I think I ended up going about 2" lower. That was after I dropped it all the way to the stops and kept getting launched off the seat.

I plan on painting the tins black with a red ghost flame eventually, but right now I'm set with the factory job. I can't stand having my bike out of commission for a couple of days let alone the time it would take to go to the paint shop. I've toyed with the idea of powder coating the rocker box covers red but I'm not sure how it would look. I want to keep it subtle...

Old 05-15-2009 | 07:23 AM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by shootfirst83
I had to resize the pics because it kept complaining about them being too big.

I think I ended up going about 2" lower. That was after I dropped it all the way to the stops and kept getting launched off the seat.

I plan on painting the tins black with a red ghost flame eventually, but right now I'm set with the factory job. I can't stand having my bike out of commission for a couple of days let alone the time it would take to go to the paint shop. I've toyed with the idea of powder coating the rocker box covers red but I'm not sure how it would look. I want to keep it subtle...
It looks lower than some other I have seen. I hear you on the paint. It a good winter project I think. If your going for subtle then I would stick more to red accents than doing rockerbox covers. Like paint something on the AC, Accent in the timing cover or Derby, or with the horn ect. Red lowers and black covers might look pretty cool on the rocker boxes too.

I'm getting a lot of good ideas for my bike from this section, just can't seem to keep a solid direction on my own bike. Lot of guys doing lots of cool stuff.

Old 05-15-2009 | 06:00 PM
wsdog
Novice

I think you could get away with the red rocker box covers just fine.

Old 05-16-2009 | 06:09 PM
rowdy82
Tourer

Are those the basic gimps or are they the midget or pudgy gimps? Looks great, i just got my 16" midget pudgy gimps today and cant get them on for a couple weeks so im trying to figure out how they will look. Great bike!!!

Old 05-16-2009 | 06:46 PM
SMarty
6th Gear

I love that bike, came this close }{ to buying one

Old 05-17-2009 | 02:12 PM
Reverend
Tourer

Originally Posted by SMarty
I love that bike, came this close }{ to buying one
But ya didn't & you'll be forever thinking that..

Life's too short, mate.

Quick Reply: Crossbones Pictures