Crossbones Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009 | 07:21 AM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by C. Numb
I have been considering the 1925. I think it looks great too. I am deiding between that, and a custom seat. I ordered a unique shaped swing arm bag, so I want to wait for that to come in before picking a new seat.
Thought: If you like the 1925 but want a custom look, have it recovered with some tooled leather. That would be pretty bad @$$!

Old 05-07-2009 | 08:39 PM
rowdy82
Tourer

Here is a couple of my baby! Waiting on my 16" Nash Pudgy Midget gimps.

Attached Thumbnails  Crossbones Pictures-bike3.jpg    Crossbones Pictures-bike1.jpg    Crossbones Pictures-bike9.jpg    Crossbones Pictures-bike10.jpg  

Last edited by rowdy82; 05-07-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-07-2009 | 08:47 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by rowdy82
Here is a couple of my baby!
Shot right past the "hi I am new to the forum" crap didn't you! Definatley an xbones owner. Best first post I have seen on the forum yet!

Spent some time and $$$ on you upgrades and they really paid off IMO. Took that Dark theme and applied it well. Looks like you got nothing left to do but ride it...?

Old 05-08-2009 | 02:03 PM
dc4stroke
Road Captain
Default new pic

Got tired of eating bugs. I put the windscreen back on.

Attached Thumbnails  Crossbones Pictures-590x600.jpg  
Old 05-08-2009 | 02:16 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by dc4stroke
Got tired of eating bugs. I put the windscreen back on.
I don't think it took anything away from the 'Fatbones'. If its staying long term are you planning to black out that chrome on the windscreen or leave it as is? My eye goes straight to the shiney on your bike. IMO with the Springer front end it would be good to keep the focus on the springs and horn out in front.

Old 05-08-2009 | 09:03 PM
bigcajun
Advanced

guess its just the size of the windshield but it actually looks good on the fatbones. you've got a damn good lookin bike dc

Old 05-08-2009 | 09:16 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by bigcajun
guess its just the size of the windshield but it actually looks good on the fatbones. you've got a damn good lookin bike dc
... I was thinking the same thing, the windscreen on the springers doesn't sit well with me, I think its the aux lighting dc's got up front that help blend the screen into the bike better than it would with out.

Old 05-09-2009 | 10:10 AM
rowdy82
Tourer

Sorry about that, been checking out the forums for the past month or so just never uploaded pics. Never even crossed my mind that it was my first post. How do you like those bars Zacharia? I went back and forth on either taller apes or some sort of drag bars but my old bike had the drags so i stayed with the apes this time. Looks great though

Old 05-09-2009 | 10:54 AM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

rowdy82, no need to apologize for anything, I'm just messing around with you, there is no set rules or anything. Besides IMO thats a way better into than I usually see on the forums!

I like the bars, they make for a bit of a reach at full lock right or left, but how often do you do that, also the handling changes a bit as the bars are a little narrower than stock so you loose some of you leverage on that fat front tire... i have a set of drag bars which I hesitated putting on, but I think I might do that for the last half of the year, these ones are the Flanders 'BadBoy' bars.

Last edited by Zacharia_11; 05-09-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: sp
Old 05-10-2009 | 09:09 AM
dc4stroke
Road Captain

I haven't decided on blacking the windscreens hardware yet. But I'm sure I will someday. It's pretty much on there for good. Not enough clearence between the driving lamps to use the quick detach. I'd have to rotate the lamps foward evey time I messed with it. But my plate just went real full. I went from all the time in the world (unemployed) to employeed. Start a new job this week and will be on the road a lot. But since I will work out of my own truck.......I can carry the bike with me. The dealer got the standard one in when I bought the bike instead of the short one by mistake. So rather than wait, I cut it down myself. Used a Rotozip saw,and a palm sander to clean it up. So it's a bit shorter than the compact model. I'ts cut to my size. I look just over the top while riding.
Oh, and thank ya very much Bigcajun. Had it in a show Saturday. Didn't win my class. But was approached my a lot of admirers who couldn't understand why. But the local dealer came by and wanted to put it on their website. I had a good day showing it off. It was fun and made some new friends (better than a trophy).

Last edited by dc4stroke; 05-11-2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: yep

Quick Reply: Crossbones Pictures