Crossbones Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016 | 09:47 AM
Peggers
Advanced

When I called Strokerz after a couple of weeks in Qatar they sent me a few pics, I won't post them all here, but you get the idea:

During

Old 06-10-2016 | 09:52 AM
Peggers
Advanced

When I came back from Qatar, this is what I found waiting for me:

Butt end view

Oil bag and exhaust view

Tank

Side view, still in the shop

Old 06-10-2016 | 10:04 AM
jaysnafu
Club Member

Sharp looking scooter man. What's her name?

Old 06-10-2016 | 10:09 AM
Peggers
Advanced

In the absence of getting the KST bars that I had wanted, I ordered a set of Apes from Chopper King in Italy, but after being jerked around with delays, I eventually splurged and settled for a set of Carlini 16" Gansta Apes and black boob risers. Pretty expensive , but worth every penny and then some.
Now I have been riding her around for a couple of weeks, I took a couple of pics in the sunshine to post up here.
Thanks to all of you guys who have inspired and advised on this build - I am sure that you will identify the style cues that I have stolen from you all. As it is often said, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.....

Installed a US air cleaner (all the ones here come with the football shape ones)

Springer classic front fender with light from eBay - you can also see the Klicktronic gear change if you look real close

Garmin Zumo 660 from my CVO - Hell, I get lost just going down to the corner drugstore!! :-)
You might just be able to make out the Ward Parts Werks fans in this one

Strokerz did exactly what I asked for with the paint, and then some!

Nostalgic engine guard - and tucked under, an Oil Bud oil cooler. A great help here in the desert.

That pretty exhaust is starting to blue - I may just have to ceramic coat it black if it goes too far

Old 06-10-2016 | 10:15 AM
Peggers
Advanced

I am pretty please with the final result - I think maybe I have blacked it out a bit much. I might introduce a few chrome touches to balance it out. First will be a chrome cover for the nostalgic horn - it was a mistake to powder coat it black, so I have ordered a chrome cover.
The bloody thing is so quiet, that I will have to add a second horn. The old air horn was completely stuffed, so I will probably add a Howards or Rivco air horn - that will give a nice contrasting chrome element to the sombre left hand side. Time to ride.....

Front end

Old 06-11-2016 | 07:11 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Peggers, did you install the exhaust, or was it always there?

Old 06-11-2016 | 08:30 AM
Peggers
Advanced

Splat,
When I bought the exhaust, it had Vance and Hines short shots which were just great: beautiful look, perfect sound, and power just right. No popping etc (have a PCV). But they didn't quite gel with the retro look, so I had these made up. My mate Maher (Strokerz Middle East) cut up two old Softail exhausts (one from an X-Bones and the other from something else) and fabricated the headers from that. The flexible heat sheilds and the muffler were off eBay, just the look I was wanting.
They are blueing a bit more than I expected, so I may yet get them ceramic coated black - if'n I do, I will add a about a foot in length, as it is a pity to hide it under the bag. In that case I will leave the shields and the muffler chrome.
The pipes are a lot quieter than I had expected, so when they come off, I will try without the baffle. That should do it!

The following users liked this post:
splattttttt (06-11-2016)
Old 06-11-2016 | 10:55 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Nothing you do to it can never subtract any of the beauty that it is or was.
That said, the ceramic coting will certently add more darkness to her already misterious way
Your a lucky person to own such a great work of art and your friend did do a great job on that exaust

Old 07-23-2016 | 03:33 AM
mrwood_nl
6th Gear

Hi Peggers,

I am going to put the detachable compact windscreen (58161-09) and a 14" 1.5" diameter Carlini Gangster Apes on my Crossbones.

Did you you have issues of the position of the Carlini together with the windscreen ?

Like the setup ! :-)

Thanks !

Old 08-04-2016 | 12:27 PM
Peggers
Advanced

Hey Mr Wood,
Sorry, didn't see your post.
No, no problem at all. Mine are 16", and I think 1.25". I love the look and feel of the Carlini's, without the shield, but just can't put up with the blast in the face at anything over 90kmh - sand in the air is a factor over here, and too hot for a full face.
Mine is the same part - detachable. Every now and again I ride without it, but only for a short way.
Funny though, the bottom of the windshield kept touching the top of the headlamp, so I took a dremel to it, and carved away about 1/2" or so to give some clearance.
Post a picture of yours, when you are done.
Cheers,
Peggers

Quick Reply: Crossbones Pictures