Another pic of my 'Bones.
What rocker box covers are those?

Old 03-27-2012 | 09:07 AM
sthorne
Intermediate

Originally Posted by T-Bone79
What rocker box covers are those?
Xzotic knuckles.

Last edited by sthorne; 03-27-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-27-2012 | 12:28 PM
Dutch CB
Advanced

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
I've seen those mufflers before and I think they are great! I would have gone with something like but got a good price on my fishtail 2:1. Do those mufflers have baffles in them? What head pipes are you using?

Saw your bike in your Softail post. It looks great!
Yes they have baffles in them but you can hardly say it is a baffle, just a straight pipe with a lot of small holes in it, I have put another baffle in the baffle, I hope it sounds nice....
The head pipes are from a Fat Boy, because they are not so close together as the head pipes from the Cross Bones.

Old 03-27-2012 | 01:08 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dutch CB
Yes they have baffles in them but you can hardly say it is a baffle, just a straight pipe with a lot of small holes in it, I have put another baffle in the baffle, I hope it sounds nice....
The head pipes are from a Fat Boy, because they are not so close together as the head pipes from the Cross Bones.
The baffles you describe sound similar to the ones that Vance and Hines puts in their exhausts which most people end up switch for their Quiet Baffles or something else.

I thought they might be from a Fatboy but I wasn't sure since they are separate pipes where as the stock Fatboy pipes are connected with a small cross-over just in front of the mufflers. Saw another member who used the same exact set up but he wrapped his in black I think and his head pipes are not separated. Not sure what you mean though about the Fatboy pipes not being so close together. From what I know of 2007-2012 Fatboy pipes is that they start more separated closer to the motor but then the front pipe bend upward and then back, bringing it tight against the rear pipe. Still, I think it's a great set-up and it should look sweet on your Bones.

Could I trouble you for a photo of the other side of your pipes? I would love to see both how the mufflers are designed (I understand they are universal fit but curious how it works) and to see how you wrapped your pipes if you left the O2 sensor bungs open. Not that I would ever be able to run this set-up since I have full saddlebags that hang low but I do at some point want to wrap my header and was curious how to leave the O2 bungs open but still make the wrap look consistent.

Great job on your bike.

This is the pipe I am running on mine. I want to ditch the heat shields and wrap the headers.

Name:  IMAG0905.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  166.9 KB

Old 03-27-2012 | 01:16 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dutch CB
Thanks, this pipes.... probably not the best pipes but I like the look of them.
Actually, now that I take a second look I wouldn't have thought that these were Fatboy pipes. What year Fatboy are these from? The front head pipe doesn't have that upward bend that I am used to seeing on 2007 and later Fatboys. I would have guessed that it was a Crossbones/Deluxe head pipe. Or perhaps you are using a Crossbones front head pipe and a Fatboy rear which would space them out a bit more? If so, cool idea!

Old 03-27-2012 | 04:37 PM
Dutch CB
Advanced

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
Actually, now that I take a second look I wouldn't have thought that these were Fatboy pipes. What year Fatboy are these from? The front head pipe doesn't have that upward bend that I am used to seeing on 2007 and later Fatboys. I would have guessed that it was a Crossbones/Deluxe head pipe. Or perhaps you are using a Crossbones front head pipe and a Fatboy rear which would space them out a bit more? If so, cool idea!
The pipes are from a 2010 Fatboy special. I meant with "not so close together" that they start more separate closer to the motor, and that is what I want, the pipes more separated. So I cut the front pipe just for the upward bent, that's also why you don't see the cross-over. Now it has the same hight as the Cross Bones front pipe. The rear pipe from a fatboy is higher than the Cross Bones. That other member you mentioned has the same set-up I think, he has black wrap. Think you mean this bike.

No problem for a pic of the other side, post it tomorrow, here is a better pic from the front. I left the O2 censors bungs open. It was my first wrap and I think(hope) that I do it well. I love that pipe on your bike, it fits the rest of the bike. Actually I love your whole bike. Think that emblems on your tank looks also good on my tank.

Attached Thumbnails  Crossbones Pictures-schermafbeelding-2011-10-24-om-22.37.53.jpg    Crossbones Pictures-img_2707.jpg  
Old 03-27-2012 | 08:29 PM
Iceman68
Advanced

wrong post...

Last edited by Iceman68; 03-27-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: wrong post...
Old 04-04-2012 | 09:59 PM
quietguy3099
6th Gear

Originally Posted by sthorne
Xzotic knuckles.

Where did you get them? Been searching google but have come up empty for anything to fit a Crossbones?

Old 04-05-2012 | 10:07 AM
eek22
Advanced

Originally Posted by sthorne
Xzotic knuckles.
I bet if she were to turn around we'd see an exotic knuckle in those tight pants.

Old 04-16-2012 | 11:05 PM
bc419
Advanced
Default What risers/handlebars?

Zacharia- Your crossbones is looking really good.

What risers & handlebars are you running? I'm interested in swapping out my mini-apes for a setup like yours.

Thanks,
Brian

Originally Posted by Zacharia_11
Lost the Cow Bell in favor of the Springer Horn - representing the heritage as it were - mounted in an untraditional springer horn location. I love it, looks like I bolted a hub cap to the side of my bike, it'll stand out more when I black out the shifter 'stuff'. Also thru on some smoked turn signals and took a close up of the derby cover art done by Etching By PIG. Its a customized design (lifted and tweaked of the world wide web) I sent him to put on my cover. The font is some Halloween font I downloaded and it turned out real cool I wish it were bigger...

Quick Reply: Crossbones Pictures