Crossbones Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011 | 05:07 PM
2xsrc
Cruiser

Originally Posted by meatsack
Bike looks awesome! Not sure where you got those seat springs...but I used the same style on my bike for a while. One snapped in half when I hit a pretty good bump on the freeway at 70 MPH.
Thanks bro. I appreciate the heads up. I don't remember exactly. I want to say Drag Specialties...but I'm not sure. I've been running them about 2 years now with no issues (and some pretty serious PA pothole bumps...lol).

Old 07-30-2011 | 05:09 PM
2xsrc
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jallie
hello, I love the rear look

would like to do the same on my 96 ci FSXTC

--> do you have a link to buy such curve struts like them ?
If you are talking to me...its a Roland Sands Design vintage rear fender kit.

http://www.rolandsands.com/products/...t-200mm-chrome

Old 07-30-2011 | 05:10 PM
2xsrc
Cruiser

Yes we do!

Originally Posted by psychoalbino
The Cross Bones is no more. Gentlemen, we now all own a collectable!!!

Old 07-30-2011 | 08:35 PM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 2xsrc
Thanks man. Honestly, it sits much lower than the stock Crossbones seat. And about the same height as the badlander when I ran that on it.
awesome... might try it, just seat and springs aftermarket? i know u got different battery cover but i could use stocker at first right?

Old 07-31-2011 | 12:23 PM
2xsrc
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Smokey Burnouts
awesome... might try it, just seat and springs aftermarket? i know u got different battery cover but i could use stocker at first right?
Yeah, the seat uses the stock Crossbones hardware (hinge, etc.). The springs I got from Drag Specialties I think. The battery cover I originally used was the HD one...but the one for the Crossbones is L shaped. So I used a dremel to cut of the back portion that went on the stock fender (since I had a new tire hugging fender from RSD...the stock cover wouldn't go up against the fender like it does on the stock one.).

Old 08-02-2011 | 12:06 AM
09Bones
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
Hey bud. LOVE the Bones. I would love to know if you had to do any modifying to those tank emblems in order to install them. My local dealer is currently trying to install a set on mine but they are telling me it can't be done because they are too straight and wont fit the curved Crossbones tank. Any advice you have would be appreciated.
Thanks. Yeah, the dealer is right, the tank is curved and the emblems are straight. You have to work them into shape. We did it by bending them across the leg (thigh). You need to take time to ensure you don't bend them with force and make a crease. Just keep bending them and they will end up with a curve. Hope that helps.

Old 08-08-2011 | 01:53 PM
salty01
Tourer

Lot's of beautiful Bones here with a lot of great creativity by owners and vendors.

I have owned 4 HD's along the way , 98 Lowrider with Evo, couple of heritage classics including an 07 I never should have sold and a sweet 06 Street glide. Currently running a victory Cross Country and a 2010 8Ball KingPin. Both bikes are awesome and love em.

Came across a sweet Bones, has a plaid sort of paint job on it, forward controls, windshield for the grass hoppers season etc and a few other goodies. Stage 1 with RSD intake breather and looks like a 2 into 1 V&H with black rap and chrome heat shoelds with holes in em, also on Rolands website. Love the bike the way it is with maybe adding a pillion and the tall black bar and pad for looks. Maybe back to the floorboards.

Couple of questions, any special care to washing and waxing etc the paint? It has the HD OEM seat and the lower one. lights changed to LED etc.

For the black bar I only noticed the quick release tall sissy bar in black...any changes to the rear signals with this setup?

THX, we'll know in a couple of day if i add this girl to the stable.

Old 08-09-2011 | 03:05 AM
reefonline
Advanced
Default La Canalla

Old 08-09-2011 | 06:39 AM
Hokie_HD
Cruiser

Beautiful XBones! Great pictures!

Old 08-09-2011 | 11:03 AM
edehn
Novice

Reef Gimme the scoop on that air cleaner! Great looking 'Bones!

Quick Reply: Crossbones Pictures