Deluxe Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by aggro_jo
not if you want to retain the late model deluxe light bar. If you are willing to ditch your light bar and swap out risers then it will bolt right on. If not, you gotta modify the light bar and the riser cover.
What did you grind on? I have read that as long as you have 1.5 inch risers the cover would fit and that all that some had to grind was the spacers on the light bar. This is good info.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:03 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

not if you want to retain the late model deluxe light bar. If you are willing to ditch your light bar and swap out risers then it will bolt right on. If not, you gotta modify the light bar and the riser cover.

Is this the part# you installed? 67907-96C (nacelle) 46809-09 (riser kit) 67897-96B (passing lamp hardware kit) which i believe should fit 07'-09' also

I thought this was a straight bolt up.

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 11-18-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:28 PM
aggro_jo
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Is this the part# you installed? 67907-96C (nacelle) 46809-09 (riser kit) 67897-96B (passing lamp hardware kit) which i believe should fit 07'-09' also

I thought this was a straight bolt up.
yes, that is the nacelle I ordered and installed.

I also bought the hardware kit. It is garbage and I used ZERO parts from it. It is full of crappy brackets to relocate lights and such.

I am running wild 1 cubby risers and a billet clamp that put my bars as low as they can possibly go without hitting the tank. I have no interest in ditching this perfect (for me) setup to run late risers. Instead, I ground out the side channels of the cover to perfectly accept my risers and fat bars (fatter than stock thus also affecting clearance to the cover). I am sure it is not the only solution but paying to have a cover re-chromed is a small price to pay to get exactly what I want.

There is a difference between the "passing lights" (auxiliary lighting kit for FL softails) and the DELUXE auxiliary lighting kit for FL softails. (stock on the FLSTN). You need to grind the mounts where the deluxe bar contacts the nacelle as it is over an inch too narrow for the nacelle. This also needs to be done slowly as the mounting surfaces of the bar need to be angular in order to sit flush against the nacelle.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:15 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

I also bought the hardware kit. It is garbage and I used ZERO parts from it. It is full of crappy brackets to relocate lights and such.

I am running wild 1 cubby risers and a billet clamp that put my bars as low as they can possibly go without hitting the tank. I have no interest in ditching this perfect (for me) setup to run late risers. Instead, I ground out the side channels of the cover to perfectly accept my risers and fat bars (fatter than stock thus also affecting clearance to the cover). I am sure it is not the only solution but paying to have a cover re-chromed is a small price to pay to get exactly what I want.

There is a difference between the "passing lights" (auxiliary lighting kit for FL softails) and the DELUXE auxiliary lighting kit for FL softails. (stock on the FLSTN). You need to grind the mounts where the deluxe bar contacts the nacelle as it is over an inch too narrow for the nacelle. This also needs to be done slowly as the mounting surfaces of the bar need to be angular in order to sit flush against the nacelle.

Hope this helps.
Yes thanx for the info/heads-up.....i will also be installing a nacelle in the future.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:14 AM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Hope this helps.
Cool man, that is what I though had to be done. Did the nacelle kit come with new uppers too? I saw there are a few after makert kits that are cheaper and come with new uppers.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:33 PM
aggro_jo
Road Master

Originally Posted by tripwire759
Cool man, that is what I though had to be done. Did the nacelle kit come with new uppers too? I saw there are a few after makert kits that are cheaper and come with new uppers.
Not sure what you mean by uppers. The beer cans? If so, they were not included. I cant speak to the aftermarket kits because I tend to go factory whenever given a choice.

Hope this helps

Old 11-19-2009, 05:28 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to grind the mounts where the deluxe bar contacts the nacelle as it is over an inch too narrow for the nacelle. This also needs to be done slowly as the mounting surfaces of the bar need to be angular in order to sit flush against the nacelle.

Hope this helps.
Any chance you could post a pic of this particular area? No hurry, I'm just curious as to what it looks like, and to get an idea of how much needs to be taken off. I can't picture it being that close to the nacelle.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:32 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

alright, winter mods are going to be two stages this year. Stage one is complete: LePera solo seat, chrome switches, nacelle kit, HD chrome swingarm, headbolt bridges, stainless fender extension, chrome lower guard, and scored my rear profile rim (to match the front). getting there....
You have been busy Bike looks killer

How much is the front dropped...2 inches?

Old 11-19-2009, 07:11 PM
aggro_jo
Road Master

Originally Posted by stratplexi
You have been busy Bike looks killer

How much is the front dropped...2 inches?
Thanks man. yup dropped 2 inches with the Ness dampners and hd oil. they work perfect and the ride is almost as nice as stock.

JerseyTwin, check your PM for the measurements you asked for

Supremo:
Here is the pic of the top cover I clearance to keep my risers and fat bar:

here's the second pic with the areas that were modified circled. you can that the mounting flanges on the bar are almost flush with the bar. compare this to a stock pic and you will see a huge difference:

and as an added bonus look real hard and you will see my reflection in the passing lamp.

Hope this helps fellas

Old 11-19-2009, 08:28 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks man. yup dropped 2 inches with the Ness dampners and hd oil. they work perfect and the ride is almost as nice as stock.

JerseyTwin, check your PM for the measurements you asked for

Supremo:
Here is the pic of the top cover I clearance to keep my risers and fat bar:

here's the second pic with the areas that were modified circled. you can that the mounting flanges on the bar are almost flush with the bar. compare this to a stock pic and you will see a huge difference:

and as an added bonus look real hard and you will see my reflection in the passing lamp.

Hope this helps fellas
OK man now i see... i could understand why you had to cut the top clamp cover but the light bar issue just didn't click. But after looking now i see. I do know that it is a tight fit stock. Is the nacelle that much fatter than the stock back plate?....well i guess so....you would think that the nacelle would be the same width as the stock plate. Yes pics speak a thousand words. I take it that you didn't have to mess with chroming on the light bar due to grinding is all underneeth bar...That's also good to know that the clamp cover will fit over a Chubby clamp after modifications.

Yes man we see your mug in the reflection..damm your a old dude...lololol...JK!!!!

Great info and help thank you....

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 11-19-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Deluxe Pictures