Deluxe Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:01 AM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe Pictures

That's not a worthless post partner. We all started from that point at one time or another. Look at all the fun that lies ahead you. That is really the fun part of making it your own.Good luck and enjoy.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks G5jive, A few little tricks left here and there, but for the most part I have it to where I want it. [I think]. LOL.
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 03:19 AM
u_neek24
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gawt Damnnn, that's a good lookin' sled.&nbsp\\; Welcome to the Family.&nbsp\\; Keep us posted.......

Old 07-03-2008, 06:44 AM
rns99
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeing mine on the show room in stock trim is why I fell in love mine.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:52 PM
yank
Cruiser

if you use bikini beach bars you can use stock length cables on throttle and clutch!

Old 07-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Niddite
Cruiser

Bwana5549,
&nbsp\\;
How do you like your BB Reproduction Bubble Bags?&nbsp\\; I am seriously considerig a like purchase for my ride.&nbsp\\; Interested in your opions.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Bwana55419
Cruiser

I not only love the bags, I love the company. I had ordered the wrong brackets. I thought I would want the ones you could adjust to multiple settings, and when I got them I didn't like them. I called and mentioned this, thinking I would just have to take a loss on it. They not only made the exchange for free, but they paid for shipping the new ones out and let me keep the old ones until the new brackets arrived.

The bags don't hold a lot of volume in comparison to the Boss bags I had on, but I like the look so much. The lid on the bags are not hinged so I sometimes don't know what to do with the lids as I fill up the bags. The lids are tethered to the inside of the bike so there is no fear of losing them.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:36 AM
Niddite
Cruiser

&nbsp\\;
Thanks you for the prompt response and feedback.&nbsp\\;Yeah, the company's web site really stresses "working" with their customers.&nbsp\\;They sound like good folk.&nbsp\\;BTW, your ride looks great.&nbsp\\;Love the look! I don't think there is another set of bags out there that complete the retro -traditional- 50's-60's look.
&nbsp\\;
I have the Stock exhaust at the moment, but have Rush slip-ons with retro tips on order...they are the same diameter as the stock exhaust, so I figure fitment of the Bubble Bags should be about the same. What didn't you like about the adjustable brackets?&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Also, regarding your front "V" fender rail, did you attach it under the lip of the front fender or not?&nbsp\\; It looks good as it is, so however you secured it you did a fine job.&nbsp\\; I am aslo considering this addition, but worried of it drooping if I do not attach itin some way&nbsp\\;at the front.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
ORIGINAL: Bwana55419

I not only love the bags, I love the company. I had ordered the wrong brackets. I thought I would want the ones you could adjust to multiple settings, and when I got them I didn't like them. I called and mentioned this, thinking I would just have to take a loss on it. They not only made the exchange for free, but they paid for shipping the new ones out and let me keep the old ones until the new brackets arrived.

The bags don't hold a lot of volume in comparison to the Boss bags I had on, but I like the look so much. The lid on the bags are not hinged so I sometimes don't know what to do with the lids as I fill up the bags. The lids are tethered to the inside of the bike so there is no fear of losing them.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Bwana55419
Cruiser

Niddite,

The tab on the rail goes under the fender. I have mine glued on with aquarium sealant. It doesn't rattle, nor has it come lose. The thing is held down rather solidly on the sides, and I think that would really be enough. I just wanted to kill any potential for buzzing or rattleing.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 PM
LMAD
Novice

Yank,
Do you use those bikini handlebars? What brand? With which riser? Have any pictures?
Are you sure about the cables?
Sorry about the number of questions. The problem is that I live in Brazil, so if I buy anything online with wrong specifications, It's a lost money, I can't turn it back... It's kinda hard to mantain a HD over here...
Thanks for you reply, take care.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:45 AM
the salt
Advanced

Thanks guys... I suppose I fell in love with mine bone stock, so it cant be all that bad right! I did get the Deluxe "touring kit" with sissy bar, pad, crash bar and windshield finally installed! On with the mods!

Quick Reply: Deluxe Pictures