Deluxe Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:18 AM
MarkandMary
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe Pictures

nikonf8, you have a beautiful bike. I have not heard of anyone in my state (Florida) ever getting pulled over for loud pipes. Is there a big differance in the true duals? I noticed in your pics you have one where you had the standard exhaust prior to the true duals.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:33 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

markandmary thanks for the compliment on my bile i appriciate it. the pipes you refer to as stock had cycle shack slip ons on them and they are a good proformer. the biggest difference in the true duals is the look i noticed little or no difference in proformance. nice thing is you can use just about any bags you lke now by removing the stock set up. also the duals open up your back wheel and if you have the chrome i have back there its a plus makes a big difference. here in ct they are getting tuff on pipes. i have the quite baffels on the duals as most here on the forum are running. I am happy with the duals and the look they give the bike

Old 03-24-2008, 07:23 AM
TAWoody
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Silver, do you have any recent pictures of your bike with the V&H dual exhaust? I also have the matched saddle bags and will probably keep them on the whole time, but I've never seen a picture of fishtails with saddle bags. That's the only thing I'm cautious about at this point.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:35 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

tawoody here is a picture of my bike with fishtails duals with stock harley bags

[IMG]local://upfiles/15715/A4408C8A99FA4A95AC10CBB1AAD1423B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-24-2008, 07:38 AM
TAWoody
Tourer

That was quick! Hmm, I'm not sure what to think. I guess I could get used to it. Do you have any more pics at different angles?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:44 AM
MarkandMary
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nikonf8, where did you get your wheels? I like the look of those a lot more than what Harley offers.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:54 PM
moggsy
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Over the Easter weekend i got pulled over by a cop at a random breath testing unit RBT here in Australia.First thing he said is "you're pipes are a bit loud". He continued to be difficult and was going to send me to get them tested but didnt.Now i am running the v&h softail duals with quiet baffles so go figure.
He was obviously bored but i dont want to ride around wondering if i am going to get pulled over.If they make you get them tested you have to put the stock exhaust back on,get em tested then put the v&h back on (all at a cost of course).

The law is the law and some cops are cool and some arent,luck of the draw i suppose.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

I have Boss Bags 42s, they are quite large. I am waiting for a few pieces to come back from coating and chroming then can get it all put together. I am also waiting for my fishtail tips, then I hope to get a few pictures thatI can post.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:24 AM
TAWoody
Tourer

Mogg, you're running the quiet baffles in those and the cop almost made you test? Damn, I was going to see how loud they were without the baffles and maybe add them later, but if you're almost getting fix-a-tickets then maybe I should just order the quiet baffles right from the start. I'm also not going to keep the stock exhaust if I can sell the damn thing. Our garage is full enough as it is.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:50 AM
moggsy
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TaWoody

I am keeping my stock exhaust just in case i have to take the bike and get it inspected in thefuture.Mate i really like the quiet baffles,gives the bike a nice deep sound.
As far as the cop he would have picked on anything but hey he didn't fine me so thats something.
Good luck with ya new exhaust you will love it i am sure.

Quick Reply: Deluxe Pictures