Deluxe Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:49 PM
DELUXERIDER1969
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vance & Hines true duals

What are you using for a backrest since the Deluxe won't work with the bags?

Old 03-09-2008, 03:24 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior
Default RE: Deluxe Pictures

ORIGINAL: cjgrog

CNC Wheel Guy-

Many thanks for sending the specifics on installing the LED tombstone light! I ordered one of these about 3 weeks ago, but haven't had the chance to install it yet. Your directions will definitely make this easier!!! I also got LED turn signal lights to put in as well, so hopefully I'll be able to get some more light going on in the back of the bus. Great looking bike too!!!

Thanks again

CJGrog

CJ:

I cannot take the credit for that post, it was Luxe that posted it originally. But I did order two and will be installing soon!

-Denis

Old 03-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Suspended
Account Suspended

ORIGINAL: CHROME LADY

Here's a photo of the derby cover CNC Wheel guy made me.
I will post more photos once I can get to the bike and get it out in the warmer weather!!

Does the design look familiar? It's the pattern from my wheels CNC made just tweeked a little and I added the circle in the middle.
The material is billet aluminum that was gloss black powdercoated. Then CNC milled the design. He's also making a shift linkeage for me in a tribal pattern I found from tattoo's. That will complete the tribal bike theme! Let us know what you think!
Here's the tribal shift linkeage and photos of it and my derby on my bike today.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:25 PM
cchart
Intermediate

Here are updated pictures of my '07. My winter time projects were 13" apes, chrome controls, steel braided cables, tank console and V&H duals w/ fishtails. The ape hangers will take a bit getting used to them, but they did feel nice on the short ride that I took the other day to ensure everything was working. Thanks to everyone here for the inspiration do tackle a large job like this myself vice sending it the dealer.

[IMG]local://upfiles/27662/92677CA4BC724E2487AC408A5711CF5F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/27662/FB1E45505456469BBB883BB21E089614.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/27662/63A5A66ADCA942878F3CAD22A9E3C6C6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-09-2008, 04:58 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: cchart

Here are updated pictures of my '07. My winter time projects were 13" apes, chrome controls, steel braided cables, tank console and V&H duals w/ fishtails. The ape hangers will take a bit getting used to them, but they did feel nice on the short ride that I took the other day to ensure everything was working. Thanks to everyone here for the inspiration do tackle a large job like this myself vice sending it the dealer.

[IMG]local://upfiles/27662/92677CA4BC724E2487AC408A5711CF5F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/27662/FB1E45505456469BBB883BB21E089614.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/27662/63A5A66ADCA942878F3CAD22A9E3C6C6.jpg[/IMG]
Apes are SO much more comfortable on long ride! I noticed a HUGE difference.

Good luck with it!

Looks great!

Old 03-09-2008, 06:58 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

ORIGINAL: spike95

Stratplexi, you are correct. Fat beach bars do look more nostalgic than 1" drag bars if you are trying to represent the panhead era. Their 1" counterparts do a much better job though, IMO. From what I have seen, most of the fat bars have their dimensions magnified all over; not just the diameter. For instance, the apes are very wide on bottom, and it doesn't follow the lines of the trees (one of my biggest complaints with the ones I had). Of course, their magnified pullback made them very comfortable too though. I agree that theDeluxe is obviously not a real vintage bike and nobody would think that it is (well almost nobody). I too dislike theshape of the floorboards and risers,along with many of the other stock items on the bike. I was in no way saying that a Deluxe looks like, or must be made to look like, an actual panhead. My initial comment was actually directed at Duodeluxe, because he had two posts proclaiming how nostalgic the burly bars were. I say if you are really trying to look nostalgic then get the 1" bars with the exact same dimensions as they've been making for decades... and yes the 1"will accept internal wiring, for those of you who state that as your reason forgetting the fat bars. I have different tastes than a lot of people though. I also can't stand the look ofalmost any billet parts. I'm just an opinionated SOB. Take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm not here to offend anyone. If my opinion mattered that much, then everyone's bike would look like mine, and that would take away from how cool mine is!
No worries or offense taken...just adding to the discussion. It's all good...

Old 03-09-2008, 08:05 PM
OS_DELUXE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: spike95

I'm just curious where some people got the idea from that fat bars are more"nostalgic" looking than regular 1" ones? When you look at old photos of bikes, do you see a lot of burly apes and beach bars? This commentis not meantto knock those bars,by the way. I had some on my bike that a friend gave to me. They were very comfortable but, to me, they looked decidedly modern (and sortatrendy) so I eventually replaced them with classic 1" bars.

OS_DELUXE, your bike looks great. It's like the HD equivalent of a slammed Merc with lakes pipes. That fat bar comment had nothing to do with you, by the way.
I hear where your coming from Spike95.
My bike is what it is.
I'm not trying to make it look nostalgic or trendy.I take off what I don't like and put on what I do like... It's all about personal preference for me.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:17 AM
apx2apx
2nd Gear

Hello everyone... thoughtthis thread would be place for an introduction followed with an Image I took of the bike the day after I picked her up.. 2006 Deluxe.. So far since ownership I have changed to Vance & Hines duals, Cobra computer upgrade,Boss Bags 42d, few other chrome trim pieces.. I will update with new images...

David

Old 03-10-2008, 06:43 AM
jessultra
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

ORIGINAL: apx2apx

Hello everyone... thoughtthis thread would be place for an introduction followed with an Image I took of the bike the day after I picked her up.. 2006 Deluxe.. So far since ownership I have changed to Vance & Hines duals, Cobra computer upgrade,Boss Bags 42d, few other chrome trim pieces.. I will update with new images...

bike looks good man , witch air cleaner is that ?
David

Old 03-10-2008, 03:34 PM
apx2apx
2nd Gear

JessDeluxe.. the air cleaner is a HD Screaming Eagle part.. come with a nice cover for rainy days too..

Quick Reply: Deluxe Pictures