Deluxe Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:34 AM
gk2410
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe Pictures

Answers to a couple of questions:

DLX - those are the new H-D quick detachablebags (#88237).They are quick on and off, there is no 1" gap that is typically created by the use of aftermarket brackets (i.e. EZ bracket). The backs are hard molded plastic and the rest leather. Large enough to really pack stuff in. The only drawback is they can't be used with the stock shotgun pipes.VERY happy with them and noting but compliments from those who see them.Of course, they are H-D so expensive ($799 list) but if you by from one of the dealers that discount (Chicago H-D) you knock 20% off that, then another $150 you don't pay for the EZ bracket, and you're within a more acceptible price range. I can add photos if needed. Stopped at a dealer this past weekend and two customers, after seeing the bags on my bike, went back inside and bought(at retail!) a set each.

LUX - The V&H pipes were a pretty easy install. Probably the hardest part was getting the O2 sensors (I have an '07 bike) re-routed. The rest is just a direct bolt-off, bolt-on. A little tricky getting that pipe to come out and behind the rear cylinder also, but it just took some wiggling. I ran them without the quiet baffles for about a week, but the sound was just too sharp for me. I put the baffles in (I had them in the V&H BSS on my Deuce also) and it made them sound deeper andtook away the sharpness. I had a cager come up behind me (guess he was a biker cause he talked the talk) and said it "sounds like the Harley's of old...". The only other thing I did was the Arlen Ness Big Sucker and the Dobeck Performance 3rd generation performance module (all the same setup I had on my Deuce) and am very pleased. Tuning was a snap, no downloads, performance great, no popping etc, and everything is smooth up through the gears. I didn't ride the Deluxe very long before adding everything, so can't compare exact performance, but can't find anything to complain about either. I find the power bad on the new bikes very different and that's in a good way. These true duals create a stir everywhere I go, and whether they are V&H, Samson, or something else, just fit the bike.

Hey, and thanks to everyone for posting your photos, thoughts, experiences, etc. I'm getting new ideas every time I come in here. It's amazing how individual taste canchange the look of a bike. I parked next to 3 other FLSTN's at a dealer and they looked like three different models to the uninitiated. Ride safe.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:25 AM
rrjj
Stage III

nice bike............

Old 04-26-2007, 11:27 AM
rrjj
Stage III

ORIGINAL: sidewinder

Here it is with the stock seats, bags and backrest.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5654/F8C71B7EB62643E9AEE36E0EA0953B13.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5654/E3EF548959794A759801A248DC02AD36.jpg[/IMG]
nice bike............

Old 04-26-2007, 12:15 PM
rrjj
Stage III

ORIGINAL: Luxe

They are Arlen Ness covers, I got them from J&P Cycles. They will not work with stock exhaust though. And if tou plan to have bags you need to watch for clearance issues as well. I have HD Deluxe bags & they clear fine once I installed the back rest docking kit spools & spaced out the bags.
This pic was taken prior to installing the rotors, pulley, seat rail & pad.
wow.....really cool

Old 04-26-2007, 04:39 PM
BarryN
Tourer

I thinkHD are the only ones making 1 1/4" risers.
I did find one in J&P, Page 847 but pricy.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Duodeluxe
Intermediate

Nice lookin' scoot. I have an '06 Deluxe as well as a 1960 Duoglide. It looks like you either have an air horn or a trumpet horn on your bike. I am looking to add a trumpet horn to my '06 Deluxe, but there isn't enough room between the cylinders to fit it through. Anybody installed one yet? Let me know how and where I can buy one. The catalogs show that the will only go on older bikes with Evo engines.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:18 PM
harry1584
Intermediate

Hi, In reply to gk2410 could you please mail me with some information on the Dobeck Performance 3rd generation performance module, who you bought it from andhow much $$$$$ and how do you rate it. I have also been advised that there is another unit from Zipper which replaces ECU has anyone any infomation on this model.

cheers Harry

Old 04-26-2007, 08:35 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Duodeluxe

Nice lookin' scoot. I have an '06 Deluxe as well as a 1960 Duoglide. It looks like you either have an air horn or a trumpet horn on your bike. I am looking to add a trumpet horn to my '06 Deluxe, but there isn't enough room between the cylinders to fit it through. Anybody installed one yet? Let me know how and where I can buy one. The catalogs show that the will only go on older bikes with Evo engines.
The evo one will work with a little finess. As far as loudness, it suks.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:58 PM
T Rat
Tourer

Harry,

I believe you seek the Zipper "ThunderMax" autotune setup.

http://www.zippersperformance.com/ca...ion%20TMAX.jpg

Here is some info as to the "tune-able" points throughout the ECU. 1984 points.

Blue is the PCIII
Red is the Race Tuner
and Yellow is the ThunderMax autotuner.

http://www.zippersperformance.com/ca...ion%20TMAX.jpg

[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-27-2007, 01:37 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Just adding my new deluxe picture to the deluxe picture section

Quick Reply: Deluxe Pictures