Heritage Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 10:10 PM
DMSC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heritage Pictures

ORIGINAL: HeritageBrian

Looks sweet, DMSC! Love the looks of the new pipes.
Thanks! It's funny, I really didn't like the shorter pipes at first. Now that I have them installed, I like 'em better than the Longshots. They sound a LOT different, that's for sure. They are a good bit quieter than the Longshots...Paula was able to hear me talking to her while we were riding.

I think I made a good move...for me, at least!

[IMG]local://upfiles/7113/DE5B052E49344554B17ECF47FCA6E4A9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-20-2006, 10:58 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

Forgot to ask you, but is that a Mustang Seat? Looks like the Wide Studded Solo (without the backrest). Am I correct?

Old 11-20-2006, 11:06 PM
DMSC
Road Master

Forgot to ask you, but is that a Mustang Seat? Looks like the Wide Studded Solo (without the backrest). Am I correct?
Yep, Mustang Wide Studded Solo with the Wide Studded Pillion. Paula says it's the only money I've spent on the scoot that she 100% approves of!

Old 11-20-2006, 11:56 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

Have you ridden with just the seat and not the passenger pillion yet? Does it still give you better back support than riding with just the stock seat? Right now, I have just my stock seat on and not the passenger pillion and I do not have back support at all. Now, when I put the passenger pillion on, I get more back support that way.

I'm going to be getting a Mustang seat, but I'm in debate whether I should get the Wide Studded Solo with the backrest or just the Wide Studded Solo without the backrest. I like the looks of my Heritage with just the main seat on and not the passenger pillion, but I do not want to loose the back support. The Wide Studded Solo without the backrest is over $100 cheaper than with the backrest.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:32 AM
DMSC
Road Master

You will loose a lot of the back support with out the pillion on there. The Mustang is a smidge better than the stock seat.

I sat on a Springer with the Mustang studded solo w/backrest at my local Indy before I bought my seat. It was OK, it just didn't feel quite right to me. Perhaps ypu can find a scoot that has one on it so you can try it first???

Old 11-21-2006, 07:45 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

I was thinking about the Mustang seat with the backrest this morning and I may just go with that. I can always take the backrest off from time to time. I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:21 AM
Stevenml155
Tourer

I have the Mustang solo with the backrest and it's really comfortable. When I just want a solo seat the backrest just pulls right out and there is a cover for the opening so you can't even tell it accepts a backrest. It was weird feeling at first with the backrest, so I put the stocker back on just to compare - wow, I couldn't wait to get the Mustang w/backrest back on the bike and I've never looked back.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:10 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got it cleaned up and snapped some new pics with Samson Fishtails and Bubba's QR kit.

V/r

Old 11-24-2006, 08:30 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

Looks nice! Very classy! So, do you have the detachable sissybar too? Where did you get your rear turn signals?

Old 11-25-2006, 02:52 AM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice! Very classy! So, do you have the detachable sissybar too? Where did you get your rear turn signals?
Brian,

Yes I have the HD detachable sideplate also...finally got all of it to the quick detachable stage. The rear turn signals are from kuryakyn. The part numbers are:

Kuryakyn 2099 -- Custom Rear Turn Signal Bracket. This kit also comes with a lighted license plate underneath the bar so you can relocate the plate. I can't do it yet until I get back to the states due to the size of German plates

Kuryakyn 2366 -- Small silver bullet Halogen set. It comes with red, orange, and clear lenses.

V/r

Quick Reply: Heritage Pictures