Heritage Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 12:24 AM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Heritage Pictures

I'm thinking it may come to that eventually , but would hope whilst under warranty someone can come up with a solution and fix without me spending $. gotta shopping list happening at the moment and every $ counts
grzly

Old 01-20-2008, 08:57 PM
grzly
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Marsh

griz, I don't know squat about fuel injection and hope I always have a carb, but I had apaaing light that keep going out. I tried a new bulb and that didn't help so I bought a newer set of passing lamps and no more problem.
Marsh
replaced the bulbs with decent after market ones on weekend - the ones the dealer fitted looked dodgy .. time will tell about longevity.then i decided to take off the bags. ( boy was that a mistake .... not only did I then have to replace some bolts but it needed a big clean under the bags. ) Anyway some 3+ hours later , with the bike looked stripped and clean I decided that the bike definitely needs to be lowered , I reckon about an inch, in the rear so the white wall is "level" with the fender. something that I have been putting off. Marsh how much lower did you drop yours ?

Old 01-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Griz, I don't have an exact figure on the lowering, but it's well over an inch and I'm thinking 2"- 2-2/2" at least. The back has never bottomed out even with the ball & chain on the backbut the front does on occasion. I also have scraped the boards, especially on the left, but rarely and it's no biggie. I'm thinking of redoing the front to bring it up about an inch and I think that will pretty much stop the bottoming out.
I used to have an old Norton Atlas that bottomed out in front all the time and I just thought it was normal.
Marsh

Old 01-20-2008, 10:12 PM
grzly
Road Master

i didn't take a measure to it but i would have thought only an inch or so ( + me sitting on it ) will bring it low enough so you don't see any black of the tire around the fender. I wouldn't want it any lower as I have bottomed out with the handbrake. Didn't know you lowered the front . - did you put progressive springs in? - by all accounts you shouldn't be bottoming out. As to scarping the boards , I have got this down to a fine art and really upsetting the handbrake.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at my sig closely and you will see the rear is not as low as the front. It was oginally lower but I was afraid my wife would cause it to bottom out on a trip to the Tail of The Dragon so I raised it. Haven't gotten arount to lowering it back yet and may not.
The lowering was done with a Arlen Ness kit and the back only is adjustable.
Marsh

Old 01-20-2008, 11:49 PM
grzly
Road Master

if you look at your sig and mine the front looks about the same - mine is stk. what i am trying to do with the rear is get itexactly where your rear is sitting now , so you cannot see the black part of the tyre. btw - removed the front hubcaplast month and real happy with the look. cheers

Old 01-21-2008, 05:47 AM
moggsy
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: grzly

ORIGINAL: Marsh

griz, I don't know squat about fuel injection and hope I always have a carb, but I had apaaing light that keep going out. I tried a new bulb and that didn't help so I bought a newer set of passing lamps and no more problem.
Marsh
replaced the bulbs with decent after market ones on weekend - the ones the dealer fitted looked dodgy .. time will tell about longevity.then i decided to take off the bags. ( boy was that a mistake .... not only did I then have to replace some bolts but it needed a big clean under the bags. ) Anyway some 3+ hours later , with the bike looked stripped and clean I decided that the bike definitely needs to be lowered , I reckon about an inch, in the rear so the white wall is "level" with the fender. something that I have been putting off. Marsh how much lower did you drop yours ?
Had the same drama with my passing lamps.One kept burning and i rarely use the things.Anyway the new bulb i got (got it from Frasers) seems ok but if this things goes i will be looking around for some aftermarket bulbs.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:12 PM
SFarace20
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put some new pipes on!! I love them!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/31685/F39D9AAC35BE42019A690E19D5B8ECE0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-24-2008, 09:10 AM
ownasofttail
Road Warrior

Well to say santa was good to me would be a under statement i got the mirror chrome thunderstarr wheels and matching rotors and sprocket now that i have them on what do you all think will take some pics outside as soon as we get a pretty day with some sunshine but heres what i got now...

Old 01-24-2008, 09:12 AM
ownasofttail
Road Warrior

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l6...t=DSC00898.jpgmaybe this will work one of the rear.

Quick Reply: Heritage Pictures