Softail Standard Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:16 PM
08FXST
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real live '08 Standard

priceamp...they are the Harley mini apes, but they had been put on by the dealer before I bought the bike, so I don't know if they had to do any extensions. I can tell you that for me at 5' 10", they are very comfortable.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:23 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 08FXST

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum (though I have been lurking for a month or so), and a new Harley owner as well. I had several Japanese sport bikes, and then a bit of a family break, and about a month ago bought the Harley I always wanted. I'm in Australia where they still do the standard this year, and I bought an '08 FXST dealer demo (better than waiting six months or more!).

The dealer had already done several mods;

mini ape bars
reaper front wheel
smoke turn signals
LED tail light
ironside pegs and controls
Vance & Hines sideshot pipes and FuelPack
SE filter and billet aircleaner

Since owning the bike I've added;

Chrome engine kit
Chrome inner primary
Various Harley skull bits and pieces..mirrors, covers etc
flush mount fuel cap and guage

The next mod on the list is a reaper rear wheel to match the front, and then of course more chrome I'm very happy to have found the forums, and thanks for all the ideas and information I've already got. I've been having a fantastic time with the bike, with a very active bunch of friends and HOG chapter to go riding with, and even back and forth to the shops or work I still have a permanent grin.

[IMG]local://upfiles/58280/F541805C05DF4857A5653BA77A5A029A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/58280/63E04B13D1E84F528698EF7A2B8FE291.jpg[/IMG]
nic scoot........welcome to the forum, and the softail standard thread!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:04 PM
ecoli
Cruiser

Man there a lot of nice daytrains here. Looks like I've got a new rear wheel and tire coming soon. Hopefully solo seat and 422's by the end of May. You guys give so many good ideas it's hard to decide what to do next.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:36 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ecoli

Man there a lot of nice daytrains here. Looks like I've got a new rear wheel and tire coming soon. Hopefully solo seat and 422's by the end of May. You guys give so many good ideas it's hard to decide what to do next.
I still have great ideas ( rotors and pulley, chrome hand controls, chrome PM rear caliper to match the front) but I've finally run out of money [>:]

Old 04-22-2008, 09:39 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ecoli

BTW, our bikes are not daytrains........the NT guys really just have black standards [8D]

Old 04-22-2008, 10:45 PM
I CUT 1
Tourer

Hey Mojo, rain's finally moving out. Think I'll ride the skooter to work the rest of the week.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:31 AM
voodoochild
Cruiser

Hey rabbit, where are yathat your still seeing snow?

08fxst your bikes lookin good man ! Sounds like the start of a long relationship. Welcome to the forum.

Took a ride down the St. Clair Pkwy near my place yesterday. What a sweet day for a ride. About 250 miles or so. What is it about bikes and water that just go good together ?

cheers.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:29 AM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: I CUT 1

Hey Mojo, rain's finally moving out. Think I'll ride the skooter to work the rest of the week.
yep, and even better it's supposed to be a great weekend! There's a 200 mile poker run around here Saturday, and I think I'm going to do that run. I did one for "Relay for Life" last weekend, but it was only 80 miles. Of course I didn't win squat, but it was still a good ride.......

Old 04-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I CUT 1
Tourer

Sounds like fun, have a good time and ride safe. I'll be at an antique engine & tractor show. One hobby deals with chrome, the other in rust.

yep, and even better it's supposed to be a great weekend! There's a 200 mile poker run around here Saturday, and I think I'm going to do that run. I did one for "Relay for Life" last weekend, but it was only 80 miles. Of course I didn't win squat, but it was still a good ride.......
[/quote]

Old 04-23-2008, 02:17 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

Sounds like fun, have a good time and ride safe. I'll be at an antique engine & tractor show. One hobby deals with chrome, the other in rust.

[/quote]

A guy was at the local HD not long ago picking up a part or something and had just returned from an antique engine show. He had an old "hit and miss" (hope that's what he called it) engine on a trailer used for grinding corn, and also doubled as a water pump. He started it for us and it was amazing to hear it run. It would fire and rotate several tiimes before firing again........really interesting to see.

Quick Reply: Softail Standard Pictures