Softail Standard Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Rabbit_
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Softail Standard Pictures

Hi guys,
Well I finally was able to get some work done to the bike last weekend. Here are a couple of pics.
Here is what it looked like before:

and here it is finished, I wanted to get some daytime shots this weekend but it decided to snow Friday night and
Saturday...so no riding this weekend.

I liked the looks of the black Softail Custom tins and picked up a set off fleabay back before Christmas.
I also broke down a bought a tri bar taillight, they sure do look nice and are very bright.
I had a smoked taillight with a led bulb but everyone I rode with said that they could hardly see it so that's another reason for upgrading the tailight. I installed a crome regulator cover and a new derby cover while I was at it.
I had done the Stage 1, BBS pipes, and rear lowering kit last summer.
Next on the list is a new seat and maybe a set of apes.
I still haven't decided on what seat to get but have narrowed it down to a couple of choices, but I'm liking the Saddlemen Renegade Sport.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:01 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rabbit_

Hi guys,
Well I finally was able to get some work done to the bike last weekend. Here are a couple of pics.
Here is what it looked like before:

and here it is finished, I wanted to get some daytime shots this weekend but it decided to snow Friday night and
Saturday...so no riding this weekend.

I liked the looks of the black Softail Custom tins and picked up a set off fleabay back before Christmas.
I also broke down a bought a tri bar taillight, they sure do look nice and are very bright.
I had a smoked taillight with a led bulb but everyone I rode with said that they could hardly see it so that's another reason for upgrading the tailight. I installed a crome regulator cover and a new derby cover while I was at it.
I had done the Stage 1, BBS pipes, and rear lowering kit last summer.
Next on the list is a new seat and maybe a set of apes.
I still haven't decided on what seat to get but have narrowed it down to a couple of choices, but I'm liking the Saddlemen Renegade Sport.
Nice changes........what more do you have planned?

Old 04-06-2008, 03:31 PM
ecoli
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey mojo-

Does the injection flap fasten on with 2 small phillips screws? if so, that's what I thought could be causing the problem. It seemed to run okay today but still worried about it.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:31 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ecoli

Hey mojo-

Does the injection flap fasten on with 2 small phillips screws? if so, that's what I thought could be causing the problem. It seemed to run okay today but still worried about it.
yep that's the butterfly for the throttle body, leave it alone! It may have been just an anomolous stall. Make sure you've got fresh fueland all your connections from recent mods are secure.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Rabbit_
Road Captain

Thanks Mojo, future plans include a new seat and some bars, I'm thinking of some 14" apes maybe.I also like the heavy breather but will have to wait and see on how much more I can do this season.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 AM
voodoochild
Cruiser

Ecoli,
hope you got your breather issue fixed. Hey if your looking to light your plate eventually i saw a post a while back about lighted bolts for a licence plate bracket. Could be an easy way around a ticket.

Rabbit your bike looks good in black. (but then you might say i'm a bit partial)
I always wondered why harley left the oil tank black on the standard instead of colour matching it to the bike.

Had a sunny, mild weekend here. Spent sat polishing then sunday out for a blast with the gf. Heres a pic of the bikes together. What do you guys think about the studs on the stock HD seat on my standard? Ya, no ?? Pulled the fork reflectors off too, i think it looks better without them.

cheers

[IMG]local://upfiles/54653/43E3A6FE08764F93B34BEDFB2104088E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/54653/F18882AF5CD649139B57B78EFE5F783F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Rabbit_
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: voodoochild
What do you guys think about the studs on the stock HD seat on my standard? Ya, no ?? Pulled the fork reflectors off too, i think it looks better without them.
I like them, they add a nice line to the bike.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:43 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: voodoochild

Ecoli,
hope you got your breather issue fixed. Hey if your looking to light your plate eventually i saw a post a while back about lighted bolts for a licence plate bracket. Could be an easy way around a ticket.

Rabbit your bike looks good in black. (but then you might say i'm a bit partial)
I always wondered why harley left the oil tank black on the standard instead of colour matching it to the bike.

Had a sunny, mild weekend here. Spent sat polishing then sunday out for a blast with the gf. Heres a pic of the bikes together. What do you guys think about the studs on the stock HD seat on my standard? Ya, no ?? Pulled the fork reflectors off too, i think it looks better without them.

cheers

[IMG]local://upfiles/54653/43E3A6FE08764F93B34BEDFB2104088E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/54653/F18882AF5CD649139B57B78EFE5F783F.jpg[/IMG]
Your GF's bike looks good too! My wife is a little scared of bikes, especially on the highway. Nice to have a significant other who's in to it......always have someone to ride with!
Fork reflectors gone[sm=smiley4.gif]

Seat studs work for now I say, but if you go more of a pro-street look in the future you'll have to pan 'em. Dependson what look you go for. For now they look fine.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:14 PM
bblueberry15
Intermediate

After installing my new V&H 2into1's..

Old 04-07-2008, 08:55 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: bblueberry15