Softail Standard Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:29 PM
I CUT 1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Softail Standard Pictures

Yea, and they're calling for rain tomorrow too. I'm starting to twich.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:51 AM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rain on and off all week [>:]

Old 04-01-2008, 09:15 AM
z edge
Cruiser

Thanks for the welcomes and for the encouragement to spend more money.

I havea few questions.

Mojo – What brand/size of bag do you have in front of the voltage regulator?

I’ve been looking at buying another seat. I was going to buy a Badlander but have started looking at the Corbin Gunfighter. Does anyone have experience with both or comments on either?

The work so far is going slow. I had to order the service manual so I’m holding off on the chrome forks until it comes in. Sears was sold out of the yellow jack so I can’t install the lowering kit or the rocker covers until it comes in. I’m still waiting on the V&H pipes to get here so I’m also holding off on the chrome on the right side of the engine so I can do it all at once.

Maybe I’ll get this round of accessories done before the weather clears up.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:57 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: z edge

I havea few questions.

I’ve been looking at buying another seat. I was going to buy a Badlander but have started looking at the Corbin Gunfighter. Does anyone have experience with both or comments on either?

The work so far is going slow. I had to order the service manual so I’m holding off on the chrome forks until it comes in. Sears was sold out of the yellow jack so I can’t install the lowering kit or the rocker covers until it comes in. I’m still waiting on the V&H pipes to get here so I’m also holding off on the chrome on the right side of the engine so I can do it all at once.

A friend gave me the bag when I first bought the bike......it's a Harley bag but I don't know what size. It's a few years old.
I have both the Gunfighter and the Hollywood Solo from corbin and they are both terrific saddles.
The Gunfighter seems hard at first, but really it just has to break in a bit and the firmness keeps your butt from riding on the frame rails creating 2 pressure points. The firm seatspreads the weight of your body over the entire area so there are no pressure points. I've ridden mine 360 miles only stopping for gas with no "sorebutt". Expensive but good. mine also has the optional backrest which is great for long trips. The saddle and backrest were pretty close to $700.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:22 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Here's some good before & after shots of mine. You can take a STD to any level you want too.
I loved it when I bought it & then the cancer started spreading as my buddy would say. He was right!

Last edited by golfblues; 01-11-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:35 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: z edge

I havea few questions.

Red Jack is cheaper and a very good jack never heard anything wrong with it Ive heard some bad about the yellow and it twice as much do a search on it

Go to ebay and buy a badlander seat for $30 and youll be very happy. Badlander is great on my back in my opinion I have rode a gunfighter but I like the look alittle more of the badlander and the support theres also a ton on ebay for vertually nothing.

there a neat bike have fun man

Old 04-03-2008, 06:54 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: golfblues

Here's some good before & after shots of mine. You can take a STD to any level you want too.
I loved it when I bought it & then the cancer started spreading as my buddy would say. He was right!

Big change on that bike! I'm digging that rock wall too!

Old 04-04-2008, 06:13 AM
ohiosofttail06
Advanced

Here is before (last summer)

Old 04-04-2008, 06:17 AM
ohiosofttail06
Advanced

And after- yesterday- new seat, rear boards, rear wheel off a train painted to match, chrome tool box

Old 04-04-2008, 09:41 AM
voodoochild
Cruiser

hdpearson,
thats a good point about the badlander seat being available for a reasonable price. Theres a guy in my town that does seat work. I just had my gf's deluxe seat narrowed down. We had him put studs on both front and rear pcs and heat shields added to the front section. Also i had a few studs put on my seat. Total cost was 100 bucks. Couldnt believe the difference it made to the look of the seats ! Next swap meet i get to I might just get the badlander and dress it up a bit.

ohiosofttial06,
bikes looking good man. Looks like you attended the London ontario hog rally last summer. Seemed like pretty low attendance to me, but i guess i was expecting a small daytona rally or something.

Rainin here today but wash and wax in the morning and mid 50's thru the weekend ! Yahoooo finally gonna be out for a first ride !!

cheers

[IMG]local://upfiles/54653/C907CE93FB6A45C0B98195C0F84F66DA.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Softail Standard Pictures