Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Softail Standard Pictures

ORIGINAL: hdpearson13

ORIGINAL: mojojones

ORIGINAL: hdpearson13

heres the rest man that fit

[IMG]local://upfiles/22242/0EDCEC51ABC345D6AA934B2BE9BCC3B4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22242/47B188456AE147C084535B755ED18069.jpg[/IMG]
Is that the throttle cable running from the bars beside the tank?
Why yes it is
Thought so.....waiting on a longer cable or is there a reason for it?

Old 03-28-2008, 07:58 AM
z edge
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just thought I would share a picture of what all of your bikes looked like before accessorizing started. I bought this bike 3 weeks ago. It's a left over 2007. It's bone stock for now. So far it has 80 miles on it and I've already ordered over $2000 in accessories. So I'll probably be asking some questions in the next couple weeks. The current parts list is:

Chrome engine kit
Chrome forks kit
V&H Big Radius
Chrome Sprocket cover
HD Flame AC insert
Ness 3" forward control extensions
Chrome Progressive Lowering kit

This weekend I'm picking up a service manual and a sears Yellow jack. Then the work will begin.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:18 AM
priceamp
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ah, nothing like a clean canvas. Let the transformation begin.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:35 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

ORIGINAL: z edge

Just thought I would share a picture of what all of your bikes looked like before accessorizing started. I bought this bike 3 weeks ago. It's a left over 2007. It's bone stock for now. So far it has 80 miles on it and I've already ordered over $2000 in accessories. So I'll probably be asking some questions in the next couple weeks. The current parts list is:

Chrome engine kit
Chrome forks kit
V&H Big Radius
Chrome Sprocket cover
HD Flame AC insert

This weekend I'm picking up a service manual and a sears Yellow jack. Then the work will begin.

Let the fun begin. The before & afters are shocking Good Luck!

Old 03-28-2008, 02:34 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

z edge- Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your "left over 2007." Good luck with the accessorizing. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask-I think there may be some useful information floating around here (somewhere). Here's what my bike looked like in stock form, and the bottom pic is what it looks like today ( I really need to change my signature picture).....

[IMG]local://upfiles/44589/EF8BE9C17CF946368966630C995F9BF6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44589/83CCEA198AE448CDBF5203364DDA75F0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-28-2008, 05:30 PM
voodoochild
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beaureed, lookin very slick man !

golfblues, thanks for the windshield info. Do you still have the harley windshield?

hdpearson, i love that harley numbered paint, i think i saw a picture of it on a bike in a magazine a while back. I bet that coppery orange looks sweet in the bright sun.

z edge, something tells me you've got plans for that softail

cheers

Old 03-28-2008, 09:03 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

Before and after pics, the after has my new solo seat I got today......

Old 03-28-2008, 09:08 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: z edge

Chrome engine kit
Chrome forks kit
V&H Big Radius
Chrome Sprocket cover
HD Flame AC insert

Welcome to our little corner of Harleydom.That parts list you have comingis a great start! Of course that's just the first $2000 chunk of money you'll spend.......there will be a fw more "$2000 chunks" in the future [8D]

Old 03-28-2008, 10:11 PM
priceamp
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I finally got my chrome rocker covers on. Wow, that’s a lot of work for a little chrome. If you think about it, you’re 9 bolts/head away from taking the head and barrels off to upgrade to a big bore kit. Anyway it’s done. It was a little freaky when I first fired it up. I heard a lot more rocker assemble/tappet engine noise then normal. Then I saw a little smoke coming out of the front exhaust port. Oh crap! So I shut if off. The whole bike sounded different. So I paced back and forth and rationalized that the motor had been sitting for 2 weeks and all the oil in the rocker boxes drained down even though I did smear a little oil around the rocker assemble and push rods. So I fired her back up and pronto it sounded like the old bike. The smoke was from a little oil that fell onto the front cylinder head pipe and was just burning off. So even though it snowed here today and it was 39 degrees, I jumped on the bike with no chaps (burr) and rode it around for a while. So far I guess it is ok, but won’t really know if it’s right until Sunday where I can put some miles on it. But hey, at least it didn’t blow up and there’s no gas leaks. Here’s a couple of pics. I’ll post better ones out side later, but it was already dark by the time I got home from my test ride.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:25 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: priceamp

I finally got my chrome rocker covers on. Wow, that’s a lot of work for a little chrome. If you think about it, you’re 9 bolts/head away from taking the head and barrels off to upgrade to a big bore kit. Anyway it’s done. It was a little freaky when I first fired it up. I heard a lot more rocker assemble/tappet engine noise then normal. Then I saw a little smoke coming out of the front exhaust port. Oh crap! So I shut if off. The whole bike sounded different. So I paced back and forth and rationalized that the motor had been sitting for 2 weeks and all the oil in the rocker boxes drained down even though I did smear a little oil around the rocker assemble and push rods. So I fired her back up and pronto it sounded like the old bike. The smoke was from a little oil that fell onto the front cylinder head pipe and was just burning off. So even though it snowed here today and it was 39 degrees, I jumped on the bike with no chaps (burr) and rode it around for a while. So far I guess it is ok, but won’t really know if it’s right until Sunday where I can put some miles on it. But hey, at least it didn’t blow up and there’s no gas leaks. Here’s a couple of pics. I’ll post better ones out side later, but it was already dark by the time I got home from my test ride.

Congrats grasshoppa........you have graduated to the ranks of "not so" standard! Excellent work bro!

Quick Reply: Softail Standard Pictures