Softail Standard Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:22 PM
I CUT 1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Softail Standard Pictures

Boy do these tear-down pictures bring back the itch. But I'll try not to scratch. Man would that Torque front rim and rotor match up good with the rear rim. Dam-it, hanging around here is like being naked in among a bunch of skeeters!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:19 AM
KLR J
Novice
Default RE: Drag bars

I noticed most of you all have the street slammer style bars. I have an 07 FXST and hate the stock bars. Are there any bars that would work just as well as the street slammers but mount to my stock risers.
Also those that have installed the street slammer bars did you have to lengthen your lines?

Thanks

Old 03-19-2008, 04:48 AM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Drag bars

ORIGINAL: KLR J

I noticed most of you all have the street slammer style bars. I have an 07 FXST and hate the stock bars. Are there any bars that would work just as well as the street slammers but mount to my stock risers.
Also those that have installed the street slammer bars did you have to lengthen your lines?

Thanks
I replaced all my cables with braided but I used the stock length. You can use your stock ones though the front brake line has to be bent and adjusted a little. If you like the one piece bars check with Carlini......they sell some "scratch and dent" bars for a good price that have only minor cosmetic flaws.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:54 AM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: priceamp

I got the pads for my J&S lift today. In the pic, I’ve got the bike jacked up and am spinning the wheel in 5th gear watching the rocker arms move the valves to determine Top Dead Center which will unload the push rods.

Mine will be up on the lift next week. I ordered my Progressive 422's and they shipped yesterday. FedEx has them getting here Monday to my work address, but we're closed Monday for Easter so I hope they'll redeliver Tuesday. American Classic Motors shipped my side mount plate bracket finally (only took 2 weeks to ship), so I'll get it on this weekend. Called Corbin yesterday, they said my solo seat would be here by April 13......funny, when I ordered it 3 weeks ago, they said 3 weeks [>:]

Old 03-19-2008, 02:58 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I found the best engine cleaner for our engines and its usally cheap. carb cleaner I wish i knew how to download new pics might try it later tonight it looks like a new engine. Just dont inhale to much of it or drink it

Old 03-19-2008, 03:32 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: hdpearson13

I found the best engine cleaner for our engines and its usally cheap. carb cleaner I wish i knew how to download new pics might try it later tonight it looks like a new engine. Just dont inhale to much of it or drink it
I've used a product called bike brite that worked really well for me, and you can use it on everything. Anything that can't be drunk is probably off limits to me seeing as I tend to drink gasoline when removing my tank.......[:'(]

Old 03-19-2008, 06:41 PM
KLR J
Novice

mojojones
What type of bars do you have on your bike? Do they have a 7" rise?
I checked Carlini's. Very cool. I also checked Wild 1's.

Thanks for the info.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:55 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: KLR J

mojojones
What type of bars do you have on your bike? Do they have a 7" rise?
I checked Carlini's. Very cool. I also checked Wild 1's.

Thanks for the info.
They are Carlini clean sweeps with a 9" rise........I thinkIcut1 has a 7" rise, check his bike. beaureed has a 7" rise and are the original carlini's

Old 03-19-2008, 09:52 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned

My 2006 FXST (2008 version)...over the winter I installed Chubby 501 drags (w/braided lines), Progressive 422's (2" slam), 210 Metz 880 rear tire, "blade" chrome rear sprocket, and a Kury side mount plate holder...and rear brake shoes

Old 03-19-2008, 11:05 PM
I CUT 1
Tourer

Nice looking ride. Are the Progressive shocks that much better than stock? Have you tried them out on curvy country roads?

Quick Reply: Softail Standard Pictures