Softail Standard Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:55 PM
priceamp
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Softail Standard Pictures

A few of us have done the rocker boxes as well, it's not too bad.If you need help we'll talk you through it. The lifter coversare pretty tedious just because you can only turn the bolts a tad at the time. Make sure you doone cylinder at a time, finding TDC each time as well.
Thanks for the offer.

I figure the only thing I didn't get was the black motor.......and hey, the SE's are silver powdercoated.....right?
To each their own, I know, but I prefer the chrome and silver power coat motor as in the SE bikes you mention. I think the silver motors have more definition then the black ones. However, I’m sure the black motors hide dirt much better. I’ve seen some really dirty silver motors that almost look stained coffee or tea brown. And when I see one this dirty, it totally freaks me out, ‘cause it looks so bad. I probably go home and wash my bike after seeing one this bad

Old 03-09-2008, 11:27 PM
I CUT 1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking rides there dudes. I think that ecoli & priceamp are but a few more of us working on that Holy Crap feeling. You know, you're looking over your bike, liking the way things are going , thinking about where you would like to go next. Then you start thinking about what you've already done and the money that's involved and HOLY CRAP!!!! It hits you. Then you have another Miller Lite, and keep going.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:18 AM
brianp25
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: mojojones

Big brown truck delivered my front wheel today, and I made a new headlight mount to get the rear of the shella bit further out of the triple trees. Pic is pretty bad, it's dark, and we've had bad storms all day, and the temp has jumped from 50 degrees to 68 since 4:00PM, and now everything is covered in condensation in my garage, including the scoot. Maybe better pics when it clears up.
Next up:
corbin hollywood solo ordered, paid for,and being made
Kuryakyn curved side mount plate bracket bought andcoming as well

still have not decided on lowering by progressive 422's or the cheaper bolt system.

man mojo, you bike is freaking sweet

Old 03-10-2008, 01:39 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: I CUT 1

Nice looking rides there dudes. I think that ecoli & priceamp are but a few more of us working on that Holy Crap feeling. You know, you're looking over your bike, liking the way things are going , thinking about where you would like to go next. Then you start thinking about what you've already done and the money that's involved and HOLY CRAP!!!! It hits you. Then you have another Miller Lite, and keep going.

Amen I CUT 1.......Amen.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:11 PM
voodoochild
Cruiser

Everyones rides are lookin good.

When my gf bought her 07 softail deluxe a few months back, i was really envious of all the chrome that came on the bike from the factory. She knows what kind of coin i've spent on my bike. So she gets the bike and says, I like it just the way it is. I'm not gonna change anything.

Now were having the seat customized, shes lookin at some lindby bars, got a couple of chrome covers for xmas and looks at the dennis kirk catalogue every night. Oh well, so much for leaving it stock ! Now i've got her checking out the deluxes on this site for things we can do to her bike.
Gotta love it.

One of these winters i'm not gonna buy anything for the bike and just keep all that dough for beer and travelin money.
cheers
Ian.

[IMG]local://upfiles/54653/BD194C27BAA14569939778A4DBC7F687.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-10-2008, 08:53 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: brianp25

ORIGINAL: mojojones

Big brown truck delivered my front wheel today, and I made a new headlight mount to get the rear of the shella bit further out of the triple trees. Pic is pretty bad, it's dark, and we've had bad storms all day, and the temp has jumped from 50 degrees to 68 since 4:00PM, and now everything is covered in condensation in my garage, including the scoot. Maybe better pics when it clears up.
Next up:
corbin hollywood solo ordered, paid for,and being made
Kuryakyn curved side mount plate bracket bought andcoming as well

still have not decided on lowering by progressive 422's or the cheaper bolt system.

man mojo, you bike is freaking sweet
Appreciate the comments........I've enjoyed customizing almost as much as riding it.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:57 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: I CUT 1

I'll second that Amen.......

Where is Ruffin? I'm an hour east of Raleigh.......

Old 03-10-2008, 11:39 PM
I CUT 1
Tourer

Ruffin is about 30 min. north of Greensboro. I go down to Ray Price every now and then when the dealers around here don't have what I'm looking for. Durham is nice too, maybe we'll cross paths one day.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:27 AM
mojojones
Road Warrior

Myfolks are in Raleigh, and I've got a brother in Greensboro. I think I've been to Ruffin beforeon my way to Martinsville maybe.....

Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok....so here's the update on my scooter......Carlini bars are on, HD Billet Headlamp is on....cables are connected. Waiting for new front brake line (old brake line is about 3" too short). Relocating my power commander brain tomorrow, and putting on new Reaper pulley, to match front wheel. Found out today that my air shocks are on national back order......won't be here until end of March (supposed to ship LAST week). Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait to spend that $$$. Pics to come......

Quick Reply: Softail Standard Pictures