Softail Standard Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:08 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Softail Standard Pictures

I guess we've all spent some major bones........but they ain't exactly standards anymore are they? [8D]

Old 02-26-2008, 01:54 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We should start our own thread......Only for FX NOT SO ST. I'm sure there are a few more people out there, but it seems to be I CUT 1, MOJO, and myself. We could be the moderators. I need to go through my bike and put together a list of ALL part #s and cost. I used to keep all of my receipts (I hid them in my golve box in my truck, so the wife wouldn't see them), but last Memorial Day weekend, my truck was stolen. So, I lost them all. One one hand,I want to see how much I have "invested," but then again, I'm not sure if I REALLY want to know. Oh, by the way- I just ordered billet brake and shifter pegs from Zanotti HD. Great prices, compared to retail.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:51 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

glove box eh? I might HOPE someone would steal my truck before myresident detective found 'em.........

Old 02-27-2008, 01:54 AM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member

Ok Mojo, I think I just made myself sick......I had some time on my hands tonight, so I went out to the man cave with a pen and paper, and listed EVERYTHING that I've done to my damn bike (including parts on order). Here's my disclaimer- IDID NOT pay retail prices for a lot of my parts (some were chrome exchange, some were really good deals). I took the time to check out HD's website, and look up each part for my bike, and added up the prices (including after-market).......IF I had paid full retail prices for my goods, I would have $12,197.95 in parts ALONE- WITHOUT labor costs. Once I add a Reaper rear wheel, and new headlamp bucket, I'll be over $13k, again without labor costs. This is NOT meant as bragging......it's meant to show I'm starting to think that I have an addiction. I wish that I didn't have the time to do this tonight.....I'm going to puke now.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:50 AM
I CUT 1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For better or worse. Knowing that what we've invested has given us the custom ride that we dream of, or the fact that we could have bought two bikes. But that would only lead to more trouble.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:18 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: beaureed445

Ok Mojo, I think I just made myself sick......I had some time on my hands tonight, so I went out to the man cave with a pen and paper, and listed EVERYTHING that I've done to my damn bike (including parts on order). Here's my disclaimer- IDID NOT pay retail prices for a lot of my parts (some were chrome exchange, some were really good deals). I took the time to check out HD's website, and look up each part for my bike, and added up the prices (including after-market).......IF I had paid full retail prices for my goods, I would have $12,197.95 in parts ALONE- WITHOUT labor costs. Once I add a Reaper rear wheel, and new headlamp bucket, I'll be over $13k, again without labor costs. This is NOT meant as bragging......it's meant to show I'm starting to think that I have an addiction. I wish that I didn't have the time to do this tonight.....I'm going to puke now.
I ain't even trying that one.......better to be ignorant than know the truth.......

My wife's B-day is tomorrow.....shetold me not to get her anything, just get something for my bike........is that a setup or what?

Old 02-27-2008, 01:20 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: I CUT 1

For better or worse. Knowing that what we've invested has given us the custom ride that we dream of, or the fact that we could have bought two bikes. But that would only lead to more trouble.
I like your method of rationalization...........

Old 02-27-2008, 02:40 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member

Just my opinion- Get something for your wife, not your bike.......but that was a good set up by her. In regards to Mojo's comment about how we could've bought Ultras.....Yeah, we could've, but then we'd have more invested, because I damn sure can't ride a bone stock bike (even if it is an Ultra). I CUT 1- I definitely agree about us being in more trouble with 2 bikes. I was talking to my dad the other day about my bike and he made the mistake of asking if I owned a "$30k bike worth $15k." I said no, I have a bike with $30k invested, that I can sell for about $12k. He laughed......A-Hole.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:44 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I paid about 800 on parts i got on the bike and i got about another 600 waiting to be put in when its time to build the 95

Old 02-27-2008, 06:04 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: beaureed445

Just my opinion- Get something for your wife, not your bike.......but that was a good set up by her. In regards to Mojo's comment about how we could've bought Ultras.....Yeah, we could've, but then we'd have more invested, because I damn sure can't ride a bone stock bike (even if it is an Ultra). I CUT 1- I definitely agree about us being in more trouble with 2 bikes. I was talking to my dad the other day about my bike and he made the mistake of asking if I owned a "$30k bike worth $15k." I said no, I have a bike with $30k invested, that I can sell for about $12k. He laughed......A-Hole.
My Mother didn't raise any fools.......my wife has a nice plant being delivered tomorrow, a nice card and gift, and some unbridled sex coming [8D]

Quick Reply: Softail Standard Pictures