Fat Boy Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008 | 08:50 AM
swilliam02
6th Gear
Default RE: Fat Boy Pictures

My picture said it uploaded, but don't see it. Here's another attempt. Sorry!

[IMG]local://upfiles/27341/3AF67B263DCD4B24AA726BE1DDCE7B1D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-18-2008 | 10:09 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member

Picture came out great. Good looking Fat Boy.
Several of the forum members, including myself, opted for the Iron Bags. You can have them mounted so your stock rear signals will not interfere.
http://www.ironbags.com/
Tom

Old 01-18-2008 | 10:53 AM
swilliam02
6th Gear

Tom, I spoke to Donna at IronBags in Nov and if I recall, she said their bags must be bolted directly to the bike and do not use a removable system. I also have a quick release sissy bar complicating matters.
Thanks, Shawn

Old 01-18-2008 | 11:25 AM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

Try this. www.leatherneckjim.com
Then got to www.Bareback.com for quick release hardware.
I find Jims bags the most reasonably priced. I'm about to order some in tan to match my seat.
Marsh

Old 01-18-2008 | 03:07 PM
NakedSnowman
Cruiser

Ok, here's an updated photo of my Fatboy....New detach windshield, new pans for passenger, passing lamps, new SE II baloney cut exhaust, and detach sissybar (not in pic)

coming soon is the custom flame mirrors, relocation of turn signals, new driver floorboards and brake pedal to match. I had to relocate the bags about 1inch higher on the ghost brackets due to the new exhaust just barely touched them over the aftermarket that was on there when I bought it.

Old 01-18-2008 | 03:10 PM
anubisss
Banned

A couple of new pics...

Old 01-18-2008 | 03:33 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: NakedSnowman

Ok, here's an updated photo of my Fatboy....New detach windshield, new pans for passenger, passing lamps, new SE II baloney cut exhaust, and detach sissybar (not in pic)

coming soon is the custom flame mirrors, relocation of turn signals, new driver floorboards and brake pedal to match. I had to relocate the bags about 1inch higher on the ghost brackets due to the new exhaust just barely touched them over the aftermarket that was on there when I bought it.
So.... NakedSnowman.... those passenger boards fit on okay with factory exhaust position? was there any special parts, extensions, or adapters you had to use? For some reason, I was under the understanding that unless you lowered the top pipe below the passenger pegs, you couldnt put the boards on. Thanks in advance for info on this. Your bike looks clean with just the right custom touches, and comfortable for a weekend haul. Like the windshield.

Old 01-18-2008 | 03:51 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member

I have the quickrelease sissy bar on my bike. The Ironbags use 3 attach points. Two of the attach points are the same as the ones your sissy bar uses. You swap the bolts with longer all-thread studs. This allows you to use your detachable sissy bar. The studs extend outboard an additional 1" or more. This is where you mount the saddle bags and put a washer and nut on the inside of the bag. The 3rd attach point , you replace strut bolt forward of the sissy bararea with another all-thread stud and attach a metal strap to it. This strap hangs down and aft to pick up the 3rd hole in the saddle bag.
When I bought my bags I wanted to be able to take them off easily, for cleaning and maintenance on the bike. I knew that once I started to use them, I wouldn't need detachable hardware.
The Ironbags are made to sit closer to the bike and follow the bikes lines, since they don't have the extra detachable hardware.
I ordered mine to mount in the aft position so they would clear the chrome trim on my SE seat. That meant I had to switch rear signals with ones that mounted flush to the struts for clearance.
You wont have to do that.
Tom

[IMG]local://upfiles/18321/962AB53C988041B2AFB3A5EA52F3BE33.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-18-2008 | 04:20 PM
NakedSnowman
Cruiser

There were no modifications to the exhaust or the pans. There is a new arm that goes in place of the old peg. When I get home, I'll take a closer pic to show you. All the hardware, minus the inserts, comes with the floor pans. Your pegs just unscrew and you put on the bracket and hardware and viola...all done. This is on a 2002 model, but I awesome other yrs should be roughly the same.

Old 01-18-2008 | 04:25 PM
wildy
Cruiser

anubisss, that has to be the best exhaust I have seen on a Fat Boy. What type is it, and will it fit the 2007 and on bikes.

Quick Reply: Fat Boy Pictures