Softail Parts This is the place to post your Softail Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

FS: Wild1 16" Chubby Springer Apes And Cables

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default FS: Wild1 16" Chubby Springer Apes And Cables

Hey Gang,

I've got a set of Wild 1 16" Chubby Ape Hangers for Softal Springers (WO569). They are 1.25" in diameter and are satin black in color. They are in very good condition with very minor normal signs of wear.

I also have a set of silver braided (diamond back) lines for the bars. This includes throttle/idle cables, clutch cable and break line. These are also in great condition. I am not sure if these are Burly brand, H-D brand or some other make. I got them pre-owned with the bars. They seem like really good quality in both make and finish.

I got this setup pre-owned for my Crossbones but never installed them and don't think I will ever run them.

The bars alone retail for well over $200. I'd like to get $200+shipping for the set-up.

Would also consider doing a trade for another style of Springer apes such as Wild One Outlawz in 14 or 16 inch with black cables.

Skeez

Last edited by Skeezmachine; 08-01-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added trade info.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:59 AM
fatboy medic
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there any reason these wont fit on a non springer?

Old 07-29-2013, 10:14 AM
blastonerski
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skeez, send me pics: deepsleepcoffee@gmail.com

Im interested...

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
Hey Gang,

I've got a set of Wild 1 16" Chubby Ape Hangers for Softal Springers (WO569). They are 1.25" in diameter and are satin black in color. They are in very good condition with very minor normal signs of wear.

I also have a set of silver braided (diamond back) lines for the bars. This includes throttle/idle cables, clutch cable and break line. These are also in great condition. I am not sure if these are Burly brand, H-D brand or some other make. I got them pre-owned with the bars. They seem like really good quality in both make and finish.

I got this setup pre-owned for my Crossbones but never installed them and don't think I will ever run them.

The bars alone retail for well over $200. I'd like to get $200+shipping for the set-up.

I'll post photos of everything as soon as possible.

Skeez

Old 07-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by fatboy medic
Is there any reason these wont fit on a non springer?
Unfortunately I am pretty certain these will not fit a non-Springer model. The reason being that the spacing between the risers on a Springer is much wider than those of a non-Springer. As such, the points where the bars reduce to 1" in the center in order to fit stock risers will not line up with your risers.

I know that on Springer models, you can swap out your top tree with one that relocates the riser position in order to run non-Springer bars. However, I have never heard of something similar that you would use run Springer bars on a non-Springer.

Originally Posted by blastonerski
Skeez, send me pics: deepsleepcoffee@gmail.com

Im interested...
Okay, Blast. I will get photos tonight. I will post them here as well as send them to you.

Last edited by Skeezmachine; 07-31-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:09 PM
blastonerski
Road Master

Ok thanks!

Unfortunately I am pretty certain these will not fit a non-Springer moderl. The reason being that the spacing between the risers on a Springer is much wider than those of a non-Springer. As such, the points where the bars reduce to 1" in the center in order to fit stock risers will not line up with your risers.

I know that on Springer models, you can swap out your top tree with one that relocates the riser position in order to run non-Springer bars. However, I have never heard of something similar that you would use run Springer bars on a non-Springer.

Okay, Blast. I will get photos tonight. I will post them here as well as send them to you.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:22 AM
blastonerski
Road Master

Skeez, pics pls. deepsleepcoffee@gmail.com

Thanks!

Hey Gang,

I'll post photos of everything as soon as possible.

Skeez

Old 07-31-2013, 09:19 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Here are some photos. Sorry for the delay.

Bars...

Cables...

Detail of cables and clutch cable adjuster...

One end of the cables...

The other end...

As I said before, I can not be certain what brand cables these are. The bars are in fact Wild Ones and have the name and part number stamped on the end of one of the bars. The cables came in a plastic bag with a Harley Davidson label on it but a good part of the label is missing so I can't even verify if the cables came from this bag originally. That said, they are really nice cables and the only reason I don't plan to use them is because I am not too much into the chrome look. I like the bars but decided that I might want to go with 14" Wild One Outlawz.

If I don't sell these I may try out the bars and see if my brother is interested in the cables for his Rocker C.

Thanks

Last edited by Skeezmachine; 08-01-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:11 PM
z115663
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know if this setup will work on an older model FXSTS?? I've got a 1993. If so, I'll take them off your hands.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:17 PM
blastonerski
Road Master

Skeez, are they black or chrome bars???

Here are some photos. Sorry for the delay.

Bars...

Cables...

Detail of cables and clutch cable adjuster...

One end of the cables...

The other end...

As I said before, I can not be certain what brand cables these are. The bare are in fact Wild Ones and have the name and part number stamped on the end of one of the bars. The cables came in a plastic bag with a Harley Davidson label on it but a good part of the label is missing so I can't even verify if the cables came from this bag originally. That said, they are really nice cables and the only reason I don't plan to use them is because I am not too much into the chrome look. I like the bars but decided that I might want to go with 14" Wild One Outlawz.

If I don't sell these I may try out the bars and see if my brother is interested in the cables for his Rocker C.

Thanks

Old 08-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by z115663
Do you know if this setup will work on an older model FXSTS?? I've got a 1993. If so, I'll take them off your hands.
I'm pretty certain that the bars will work so long as you have risers that take 1" diameter bars since these bars reduce at the center to 1". However, I would not know if the cables would work for you or not. I don't know if throttle and idle cables are different for carbed bikes. I also am not sure if there is any difference in the transmission end of the clutch cable between your bike and newer 6 speed models. I would assume the brake line would work okay but that's only one of four components.

Originally Posted by blastonerski
Skeez, are they black or chrome bars???
They are satin black.

Quick Reply: FS: Wild1 16" Chubby Springer Apes And Cables