Softail Parts This is the place to post your Softail Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Anyone with 14" Carlini Apes Want Taller Apes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013 | 11:26 AM
txphatboy
|
Road Warrior
Default Anyone with 14" Carlini Apes Want Taller Apes?

Posted on General Chat, got moved to Trade page with no traffic, so I'll try this...

I have a really nice set of ape hangers that are a little taller than what I would like for my seat height - if anyone out has a set of Carlini 1.5"diameter 14" tall Flying or Gangster and would like to go taller, maybe we can trade.

My bars are chrome crushed tube apes with design similar to Carlini's Pist apes, but with a little more curve when looking from the side. Tubing is 1.5" diameter that has been flattened - very unique look - just had it at a custom shop yesterday for a tune and the owner was asking where I got them and thought they looked really good. When I had them made, I asked the shop to make them 15" tall, but they are 17" from bottom to top of upright. Bars are also pretty wide - I had the cross bar at the riser match up exactly with the nacelle on the bike for a clean look, and the bars flare out wider as they rise towards the grips.

I am not desperate to trade - I find them comfortable, but think I would be happier with them a little shorter, and figure if I ever am going to try and trade them I might as well do it now when they are still practically new. These bars get smaller at the risers, and I have a real nice set of 1.7 risers with a Wild One one-piece clamp with hidden hardware that were bought new along with bars. Very nice setup. I also have very nice Magnum chromite cables that I might consider trading the whole setup if someone else has comparable cables.

If any interest, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails

Attached Images    
Old 01-25-2013 | 05:17 PM
txphatboy
|
Road Warrior

Anybody? Seems like I was always seeing guys wishing they had gone taller these are 17" bars with 1.7" risers.