Softail Parts This is the place to post your Softail Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

FS: 2008 X-Bones Front and Rear Fenders +

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default FS: 2008 X-Bones Front and Rear Fenders +

Hey all,

Just wanted to get this out there quickly. Sorry I have no photos up at the moment but I will add them as soon as possible.

I'm looking for reasonable offers including shipping on the following (ships from FL, 33594)

2008 Crossbones Stock Rear Fender: Denim Black with red and yellow pinstripes. The fender was taken off at around 15k miles. Structurally it is perfect. Cosmetically it has the following flaws: Shiny rub marks (not scratches) on top from passenger pillion. Paint is worn around the rearmost top hole where the passenger pillion bolts to. It can not be seen if you put in one of those small plastic Bar and Shield plugs that come on most fenders from the factory and none of this is noticeable if you plan on running a Crossbones pillion. There is also a small scratch on the left side. The fender has been completely stripped of all hardware and wiring so you will need to supply your own. Perfect for custom painting.

2008 Crossbones Stock Front Fender. Denim black with red and yellow pinstripes and includes the gloss black support that wraps over the top of the fender. I took this off a couple of weekends ago and it has around 25k on it. The fender itself is in perfect shape with no scratches, dents or chips in the finish. The gloss black support is also in very good shape and only has the tell-tale signs of mounting and the typical minuscule hairline scratches that are typical on gloss finishes. I DON NOT HAVE the chrome right side support bracket that this fender uses because I used part of it during my Heritage Springer fender install.

I also have the stock front axle and a couple of the acorn studs that the stock front fender uses for mounting. Throw in a few extra bucks in your bid if you need these for that front fender install. You will need a new lock nut and washer for the axle (H-D recommends using a new one with each removal/installation and the washer looks a bit cupped so I would replace it with a new one even though the book doesn't say you have to).

I will add photos to the thread soon. You can also PM me or send me an email with any offers/questions to cgrodriguez@earthlink.net

Email is the absolute best way to reach me although I check the forums daily.

Thanks and ride safe.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Default Front Fender Pics

A few photos of the front fender. Taken with my phone so not the best. Message me if you need to see more. Rear fender pics to follow.

Attached Thumbnails FS: 2008 X-Bones Front and Rear Fenders +-imag0575.jpg   FS: 2008 X-Bones Front and Rear Fenders +-imag0576.jpg   FS: 2008 X-Bones Front and Rear Fenders +-imag0577.jpg  
Old 12-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Damion
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once I past this forums "probationary" period, I'll be looking to buy a front fender here that I'll have painted to match a paint set I just got. The set I got didn't come with it and I want to keep the originals. Hopefully, they'll still be a few available in a month or so.... lol...

Anyway, if you have pictures of what you did to your bike, I would like to see them... I'm still not sure on what I want to do for the front fender. Keeping it the same style or change to the old springer look... How hard was it to change it to the older look?

thanks Damion

Old 12-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Damion
Once I past this forums "probationary" period, I'll be looking to buy a front fender here that I'll have painted to match a paint set I just got. The set I got didn't come with it and I want to keep the originals. Hopefully, they'll still be a few available in a month or so.... lol...

Anyway, if you have pictures of what you did to your bike, I would like to see them... I'm still not sure on what I want to do for the front fender. Keeping it the same style or change to the old springer look... How hard was it to change it to the older look?

thanks Damion
Good luck and hop you find what you need. I replaced my front fender with a Springer Classic fender that I had painted to match and my rear with a Fatboy Lo fender which was already denim black. I also painted over the factory tank decals and replaced them with old style emblems.

Attached Thumbnails FS: 2008 X-Bones Front and Rear Fenders +-newbones_03.jpg   FS: 2008 X-Bones Front and Rear Fenders +-newbones_04.jpg  
Old 12-07-2011, 01:53 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lookin good went black on the fender light and axle caps looks good i stayed with chrome but went with black engine tranny and primary covers

keep up the good work

Al

Last edited by colonelangus1; 12-07-2011 at 02:38 PM.