Softail Parts This is the place to post your Softail Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

2010 Crossbones stock seat & hdw

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 02:56 PM
2grouse
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Crossbones stock seat & hdw

2010 stock Xbones seat/ pan and all mounting Hardware. $150.00 shipped to lower 48. excellent condition.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:16 PM
2008crossbones
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would try to sell it for 150 without shipping,, i sold mine in 1 day on ebay for 180 total,,, just a heads up,,, you can make more on it..

Old 07-01-2011, 10:09 AM
metaphysician
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, this is a really good deal. I think the seats alone go for $100-150 on ebay and the hardware and seatpans are hard to come by. I'd cross-list on ebay too. Check for completed auctions to see what they usually go for.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:13 PM
livebeforeidie
Advanced

Hi there, I'm interested.

Do you know if it will fit a 2011 Fat Boy Lo? Do you have photos of the seat? my email is michaelking42@gmail.com

Cheers
Mike

Old 07-09-2011, 05:57 PM
1stForceRecon
Cruiser
Default cross bones springer seat with pan & hardware

Hi Ric,

Saw this post thought I'd Jump it too!

To answer your question if you get all the hardware including the pan and seat its a simple bolt on. I like to call mine the Nostalgic Fat Bones, because all parts are good on each.

And when you sell this seat set Ric, I have a complete of my own from my brand new 2011, only 1000 miles now when I took it off.

Picture is below.

I do have available the pillion pad and riders back rest pad available as well, so I can sell as a whole set if someone is interested. But please after Ric has sold his?

Dutch

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Crossbones stock seat & hdw-xbonesleft.jpg   2010 Crossbones stock seat & hdw-xbonesright.jpg   2010 Crossbones stock seat & hdw-seat.jpg   2010 Crossbones stock seat & hdw-ariezseat.jpg   2010 Crossbones stock seat & hdw-saddlebagswithseat.jpg  

Old 07-13-2011, 03:21 PM
madmax23
Intermediate

Will this fit a 2007 Deluxe? Dealer has no idea...

Old 07-13-2011, 05:44 PM
1stForceRecon
Cruiser
Default It just might fot!

I couldn't guarantee it, but the frame is the same, only the swing arm is different. in a Deluxe. The bracket fits on the frame member behind the battery. The slotted hole that usually accepts the front tab on the seat is replaced by the hinged pivot arm to support the front of the seat. If all the items are delivered that were taken off it should be a simple bolt on. You might need to install a different barrel nut into the fender so this might be time consuming, but do-able if you are interested.

The smaller fender might look odd but that's because I have come to know it on a 200mm rear end. You just might have something unique.

Dutch

Originally Posted by madmax23

Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 PM
32roadking
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

did you ever sell this seat?
thanks

Old 01-04-2012, 09:06 PM
1stForceRecon
Cruiser
Default Xbones seat

I don't know about his but I still have mine available, all hardware including pan and even the passenger pylon

Originally Posted by 32roadking
did you ever sell this seat?
thanks

Old 01-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Some Replies To Help The OP Sell.

Originally Posted by 2008crossbones
i would try to sell it for 150 without shipping,, i sold mine in 1 day on ebay for 180 total,,, just a heads up,,, you can make more on it..
Dude! I know you mean well in your own way by suggesting to everyone on here how they should ask more for their parts than they are, but come on! I see you regularly telling other members to up their prices. It's like you are all about screwing potential buyers who may be looking for a good deal on parts just because you want to milk every penny out of something and think everyone else should to. I shop in the forums to find good deals that I know I can't always get on eBay because a seller there may have to up the price in order to cover fees and such. I don't tell people what price to give me but if someone offers me a great deal on something then I think I or anyone should get a chance to make that "sweet find" without having someone else always chiming in about how it should cost more.

Originally Posted by livebeforeidie
Hi there, I'm interested.

Do you know if it will fit a 2011 Fat Boy Lo? Do you have photos of the seat? my email is michaelking42@gmail.com

Cheers
Mike
Originally Posted by madmax23
I know that this kit will fit a Fatboy Lo as I essentially turned my Crossbones rear end into that of a Fatboy Lo's. The only issue you may have on the LO is that the seat pan is made to cover the ECM on the Bones which mounts a little higher on the fender than the LO's. This means that when you put the seat pan on the LO, it will not clear the ECM all the way and it will leave a small gap between the seat pan and rear fender. You may be able to modify the pan as the clearance that it needs to sit flush is very small. I have not bothered to do that to mine and you can see in one of the pics below how the gap looks. In most cases, you don't even notice until you are standing over the bike. It may also fit the Deluxe. Where I think a Deluxe would run into a problem is that the portion of the seat pan that covers the ECM and fender may be too wide since the Bones runs a wide fender/200mm tire and the Deluxe is narrower. Also, both the Fatboy and Deluxe will run into the issue of the seat pan covering the two bolt hols in the rear fender that the stock seats bolt to. This may not be an issue if you plan on running the sprung seat and going completely solo. But if you want to be able to run a passenger pillion that would normally fit the Fatboy or Deluxe, you will have to trim some of the seat pan away in order to clear the holes to mount to front of the pillion.

Here are a couple of pics of my Bones with a Fatboy Lo rear end and the stock Crossbones seat and hardware (well the seat itself is the 1925 style but that makes no difference on how the rest of the kit mounts to the bike).

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Crossbones stock seat & hdw-kingshield_03.jpg   2010 Crossbones stock seat & hdw-newbones_03.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2010 Crossbones stock seat & hdw