Softail Parts This is the place to post your Softail Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

2010 Crossbones stock seat & hdw

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Damion
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skeezmachine

Great point Skeez...! I thought we came on here to help each other out, not try and stick it to someone.... I hope people take your advice..

Old 02-02-2012, 06:38 PM
king_wrecks
2nd Gear

So, which seats are still available, if any at all? I'd need the seat and necessary hardware.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:00 AM
kickstart pan
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM S sent

Old 02-03-2012, 06:03 AM
1stForceRecon
Cruiser
Default Not selling anything anymore on HDForums

Originally Posted by Damion
Great point Skeez...! I thought we came on here to help each other out, not try and stick it to someone.... I hope people take your advice..
I've given up selling parts on HDForums. Had such a bad experience with a bunch of sellers it just gives me the vomits! One guy shilled me on E-Bay (with an initial contact through here) saying he couldn't sell anything on HDForums yet (such a lie) and directed me to his E-Bay auction and not ONLY shilled me but then didn't even send the complete set of parts as talked about through e-mail and phone calls, AFTER I WON THE AUCTION (after being shilled.)

Another one is a cheap skate who I tried to work with and for 20.00 (less than 10% of the price) won't budge. This after I've came up to meet his prices three times!

The old adage is true here, you get what you pay for. Since this forum is free and so is the advertising you get guys like the above. Also there are a lot of RUB's on here.

Dutch

Old 02-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stForceRecon
I've given up selling parts on HDForums. Had such a bad experience with a bunch of sellers it just gives me the vomits! One guy shilled me on E-Bay (with an initial contact through here) saying he couldn't sell anything on HDForums yet (such a lie) and directed me to his E-Bay auction and not ONLY shilled me but then didn't even send the complete set of parts as talked about through e-mail and phone calls, AFTER I WON THE AUCTION (after being shilled.)

Another one is a cheap skate who I tried to work with and for 20.00 (less than 10% of the price) won't budge. This after I've came up to meet his prices three times!

The old adage is true here, you get what you pay for. Since this forum is free and so is the advertising you get guys like the above. Also there are a lot of RUB's on here.

Dutch

Hey Dutch. Sorry to hear you have had such bad experiences on here and on eBay. I can't say that I share you sentiments as I have had nothing but good experiences when I have actually bought or sold something. Sure, I've had the occasional bad egg, whether a buyer or seller. But never after money or parts were exchanged so nothing was ever lost other than some time which I guess I expect. For example, I had one seller selling a bunch of parts and I asked him if he could make me a better deal on the package and he said "no". I then politely turned him down and said it was out of my reach. He then replied and said "that's too bad because I would come down to $XXX.XX (which was my offering price) AND throw in some extra part!" So of course I responded saying that if that was the deal he would give me then I would take it. But then he got all pissy with me saying that he was tired of me flip flopping and what not. I tried to explain that I was just taking him up on his deal which he initially said he couldn't make but he wasn't hearing it. He finally asked "do you want the parts or not?" and I just replied "not"!

As a seller I just get the occasional "hey I will take it for this much" and I will say "okay" and then I never hear from them again. No big deal as long as nothing was lost.

Like I said, otherwise I have had nothing but positive experiences from other sellers here. Hope you have better luck Dutch and if you need any feedback on any of the members I have bought and sold from I will be happy to pass that along.