Softail Parts This is the place to post your Softail Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

FS: 5.75" Headlight Grill And Matching Taillight

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default FS: 5.75" Headlight Grill And Matching Taillight

Hey Gang,

I am selling a black aluminum headlight grill that fits 5.75 in headlights such as those found on the Crossbones as well as certain Sportster models. It is a really cool unit that simply screws on can be oriented so the grills run either horizontal or vertical. It is a black anodized color.

It is pretty much new and I simply used it to mock up and it never left the garage. The reason I am not going to use it despite loving the look is that it adds too much weight. Because my scoot is a Springer, the headlight has a rubber isolator mounting system to reduce vibration and prevent the glass lens from breaking. This causes the light to have some wiggle which is noticeable on big bumps. I concluded that with the added weight of the grill it might increase the amount of movement in the light which might cause issues in the long run. I imagine that it will work a lot better on some of the more rigid mounted lights.

Included in the set is a matching bobber style tail light. It's also black and is made of metal with glass lenses (unlike some of the cheaper units on eBay made entirely of plastic). It's a 12V dual filament light so it will work on most H-D bikes.

I've attached stock photos of the items just to get the ad up but will replace them with pics of the actual units that I have in my possession this weekend.

I'd like to get $75 shipped for both pieces.

Thanks,

Skeez

Attached Thumbnails FS: 5.75" Headlight Grill And Matching Taillight-headlightgrill_2.jpg   FS: 5.75" Headlight Grill And Matching Taillight-taillight_1.jpg  
Old 12-23-2015, 09:46 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Default Actual Photos

I finally got around to getting photos of my actual items. Pardon the dust on the items.

Attached Thumbnails FS: 5.75" Headlight Grill And Matching Taillight-image1.jpg   FS: 5.75" Headlight Grill And Matching Taillight-image2.jpg   FS: 5.75" Headlight Grill And Matching Taillight-image3.jpg   FS: 5.75" Headlight Grill And Matching Taillight-image4.jpg   FS: 5.75" Headlight Grill And Matching Taillight-taillight_grill_1.jpg  

FS: 5.75" Headlight Grill And Matching Taillight-taillight_grill_2.jpg   FS: 5.75" Headlight Grill And Matching Taillight-taillight_grill_3.jpg  
Old 03-25-2016, 05:00 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Bump!

Forgot I still even had this stuff...!

Old 07-13-2016, 04:16 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

To the top!

Old 01-27-2017, 10:21 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Bump.

I still have this stuff for sale.

I've gotten several interested parties saying that they want these items while telling me what price they are going to pay and then forwarding me their shipping address as if I have no say about what they are willing to pay. As far as I know, the way these things work is that a seller sets a price and if a buyer wants to deal then he/she makes an offer and tries to reach an agreement with the seller. If an agreement is reached then the transaction is completed. If not, then everyone moves on.

So as stated in the opening post; Asking price is $75 which includes shipping to the lower 48 and I pay any PayPal fees. If you'd like to make a counter offer then by all means do so. But please don't send me your shipping info, ask me for my Paypal address and then proceed to TELL ME HOW MUCH YOU ARE GOING TO PAY ME FOR THE STUFF as if I have not choice but to accept your offer!

Sorry to everyone else for sounding so negative.

Last edited by sloufoot; 01-27-2017 at 10:58 PM.