Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To "Cholo" or not ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014 | 02:42 PM
raggmann
|
Tourer

I'm in Canada so a good rule of thumb is to take the US pricing an double it. That gives a close $$ figure to include shipping, exchange on the dollar, customs/brokerage, etc.
that's how I come up with those numbers

Old 09-17-2014 | 02:48 PM
MikeZ
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
. . . 28 1/2's are the perfect length. That is what is on my Heritage. To me, 39's are just too long. They make the bike look a wheelbarrow. Ultimately, you have to go with YOUR gut and desire.
Bone Doc, your Heritage looks great and I agree with your advice.

Old 09-17-2014 | 02:48 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by raggmann
I'm in Canada so a good rule of thumb is to take the US pricing an double it. That gives a close $$ figure to include shipping, exchange on the dollar, customs/brokerage, etc.
that's how I come up with those numbers
Same boat .. I was lucky I did all my 'expensive' stuff a couple years ago when it was 1.08U$, but even at .91$, you are still better off with U.S. shops.
I actually shipped my Tank and Fenders to Utah, the metalflake was 1200$ + 400$ shipping it still came at almost half of the 3000$ ask from any painter in Ontario.
If you ever travel to the U.S. then that is a bonus, make time for doing what you want while you are there, you avoid the HST, you get your stuff done sheep and you get a road trip.

I did install loud horns while I was at Indy GP last month, 60$ including labor and horn ! OH .. America

Old 09-17-2014 | 03:20 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior

I say cholo's. Do a lot of people have them? Yes. Do they all look good with them on? Yes. Lets face it; there are only so many choice's when it comes to exhaust. If you don't want your bike to be like everyone else's, try to use other means such as paint, wheels, etc., but don't look paste a really nice exhaust system like cholo's just because so many people have them.

Old 09-20-2014 | 04:27 AM
Ashley32
Advanced

Do it, I've got 36" and they're awesome, can't beat the look!

Old 09-24-2014 | 11:59 PM
Sitnrok
Intermediate

mine are 36" and removable...so they do scrape with the tips on but you just have to be careful....my boards scrape before the pipes do ....without the tips it sure gives the Samsons a different sound and look....it's your ride and do her up how you want. Peace.

Attached Thumbnails To "Cholo" or not ???-halle-on-hd-forums.jpg   To "Cholo" or not ???-halle-in-the-rain.jpg  
Old 09-25-2014 | 09:10 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I like the double fishtails on bikes but not when they drag the ground and/or stick 2' passed the read of the bike. But that's me...

Old 09-25-2014 | 09:29 AM
raggmann
|
Tourer

Thanks for all the replies.
Currently it's still nice enuf to still be riding. We'll see once the 5 months of winter hit and I really start to get an itch.

Old 09-25-2014 | 09:52 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Sitnrok
mine are 36" and removable...so they do scrape with the tips on but you just have to be careful....my boards scrape before the pipes do ....without the tips it sure gives the Samsons a different sound and look....it's your ride and do her up how you want. Peace.
For the most part I don't really care for the Cholo/Fishtail look, but there is something about your bike that just works, nice ride!

Old 09-30-2014 | 11:42 PM
Sitnrok
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
For the most part I don't really care for the Cholo/Fishtail look, but there is something about your bike that just works, nice ride!
Thanks and I have 14" apes going on this winter and who knows what else after that ...

Quick Reply: To "Cholo" or not ???