Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beach bars on a Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:16 PM
VigilantOutlaw
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

I like the beach bars on my Deluxe. I only had to change the brake cable using the Burly bikini beach bars; the other cables worked fine. One more thing, most everyone I've seen with beach bars on their Deluxe had ditched the pull back riser and went with a shorter one; I went with an 1 1/2" myself. There are a lot of folks on the forum that are more than willing to give you a hand. Good luck!

Old 09-17-2014, 06:31 AM
Dieselvol
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VigilantOutlaw
I like the beach bars on my Deluxe. I only had to change the brake cable using the Burly bikini beach bars; the other cables worked fine. One more thing, most everyone I've seen with beach bars on their Deluxe had ditched the pull back riser and went with a shorter one; I went with an 1 1/2" myself. There are a lot of folks on the forum that are more than willing to give you a hand. Good luck!
Good to know! I get all of my work done at the dealership, and they offer NO advice. Whatever I want can be done, until a few days after it's dropped off when they call back with "we can't do that unless we also (fill in the blank, but add $1000 to whatever you were trying to do)". It'll be best if I can walk in with a real, tried plan that will work.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:41 AM
kalbo
Advanced

+1 on the 1.5" risers. Bikini beach bars did not require longer cables, ran then internal. Brake and clutch lines are also good in stock length. I went internal throttle so not sure about length correctness on that.

Hope that helps in your planning

Old 09-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Dieselvol
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kalbo
+1 on the 1.5" risers. Bikini beach bars did not require longer cables, ran then internal. Brake and clutch lines are also good in stock length. I went internal throttle so not sure about length correctness on that.

Hope that helps in your planning
It does. I've been doing some more reading, so some new questions came up. I don't want to change to flush mount gas caps, so how much riser do I need to clear them. I've already chromed my cables, so I'll want to keep them, but want to internalize those 2 black rubber coated bundles of wires that remain. What size and/or brand of beach bar can I go with to be able to keep my already braided cable controls?

Old 09-17-2014, 01:20 PM
VigilantOutlaw
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dieselvol
It does. I've been doing some more reading, so some new questions came up. I don't want to change to flush mount gas caps, so how much riser do I need to clear them. I've already chromed my cables, so I'll want to keep them, but want to internalize those 2 black rubber coated bundles of wires that remain. What size and/or brand of beach bar can I go with to be able to keep my already braided cable controls?
If you purchase the Burly bikini beach bars like I have on my 07 Deluxe you can probably use your brake cable since you've already changed it. The reason I changed my stock brake cable is because there was a metal line between the two rubber lines. I manipulated the metal line and made it fit. But after looking at it for a week or so I decided to go with the braided Magnum brake line, now it looks a lot better. As far as the gas caps go, I still have the stock caps on my bike and haven't had any problems with them touching.

Below is a link to Burly Brand bars, hope this helps.
http://www.burlybrand.com/beachbars/index.aspx

Old 09-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Elmwood Deluxe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beach bars are the only way to go in my opinion!

Old 09-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Dieselvol
Cruiser

If you purchase the Burly bikini beach bars like I have on my 07 Deluxe you can probably use your brake cable since you've already changed it. The reason I changed my stock brake cable is because there was a metal line between the two rubber lines. I manipulated the metal line and made it fit. But after looking at it for a week or so I decided to go with the braided Magnum brake line, now it looks a lot better. As far as the gas caps go, I still have the stock caps on my bike and haven't had any problems with them touching.

Below is a link to Burly Brand bars, hope this helps.
http://www.burlybrand.com/beachbars/index.aspx
Yeah, those are what I'm after! I assume they can internalize my remaining non-braided wires into those bars. I'm assuming that's what all those cable extensions they offer are used for. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a straight answer out of my dealer as to whether my braided cables are long enough BEFORE I agree to have the work done. Every winter, they offer a discount on chroming the front forks. I'll wait for that and get it all done at the same time.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:59 PM
VigilantOutlaw
Road Master

Originally Posted by Elmwood Deluxe
beach bars are the only way to go in my opinion!
The beach bars look great on your Deluxe, and the avatar looks pretty damn good also!

Old 09-17-2014, 08:39 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

How much difference between say between fat boy bars and beach bars

Old 09-17-2014, 09:13 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Nostalgic: Beach Bars=YES
Nostalgic: Internal wiring=NO

Quick Reply: Beach bars on a Deluxe