Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe with RKC Bags & Guards... Pics please...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 09:29 AM
AMubaslat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe with RKC Bags & Guards... Pics please...

My fellow riders,

I have my deluxe 2012 setup with Road King Classic bags using the cycle visions bracket (pic below).

Now, my next thing is to mount some sort of saddlebags guards, mainly for the look of it. I feel it adds up to the style besides the function of protecting my leather bags.

Question is, will Harley standard deluxe or heritage saddlebags guards work with my setup, or i have to get the cycle visions guards as well.

Would love to see as many pics of similar setup as possible. Thank you...

Attached Thumbnails Deluxe with RKC Bags & Guards... Pics please...-img_3806.jpg  
Old 09-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Bones77
Road Captain

Don't have any pics or advice for you. Just an observation. Everytime I see large bags on a Deluxe I wonder what is going on with HD. Can they not design a bag with more capacity than a glove box for one of the best looking and best riding bikes in their line up?

I'll probably eventually put springer bags on my bike. But I'm not happy about it. The search for large capacity good looking bags for a Deluxe continues.

Bones

Old 09-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Runcy12
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I strongly considered R/K Classic bags before I went to the hard bags becasue I really like the look, but after going to the hard bags I have had no regrets.

Love ur bike though, the red really looks good with the bags!

Attached Thumbnails Deluxe with RKC Bags & Guards... Pics please...-08hddlxbgr02.jpg   Deluxe with RKC Bags & Guards... Pics please...-08hddlxbgr06.jpg   Deluxe with RKC Bags & Guards... Pics please...-08hddlxbgr01.jpg  
Old 09-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Bones77
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Runcy12
I strongly considered R/K Classic bags before I went to the hard bags becasue I really like the look, but after going to the hard bags I have had no regrets.

Good looking bike. Like the way the hard bags look on your bike. I've seem some hard bag set ups that look great and others that look awful. Yours is definitely one of the good looking ones.

Bones

Old 09-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default baggers

Well your bike looks awesome with the RK bags. I'm also a fan of the RK Classic bags and have them on my 08 Crossbones and 011 Fatboy Lo. Bought both sets off Fleabay, the last set for the Crossbones came with the Cyclevision brackets and were mounted on a Deluxe. He even had the Deluxe badges mounted on the bags sides. Had several people ask why I put a Springer front end on my Deluxe haha. Regular bag guards off a RK won't work because they attach to a down bracket on the fender, at least on the models I've owned which were a late 80s Electra Glide, and an 02 Road Glide008.jpg.

Attached Thumbnails Deluxe with RKC Bags & Guards... Pics please...-008.jpg  
Old 09-04-2014, 05:36 PM
AMubaslat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bones77
Don't have any pics or advice for you. Just an observation. Everytime I see large bags on a Deluxe I wonder what is going on with HD. Can they not design a bag with more capacity than a glove box for one of the best looking and best riding bikes in their line up?

I'll probably eventually put springer bags on my bike. But I'm not happy about it. The search for large capacity good looking bags for a Deluxe continues.

Bones
True. Was also wondering why HD is not designing a suitable and spacious bags for the deluxe; though they did for the CVO Deluxe version.

It took me quite a while before I settle on this setup.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:47 PM
AMubaslat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Runcy12

Sweet looking bike Rancy12. I'm digging the inverted fish tails you got, very distinctive.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:57 PM
AMubaslat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Snowyone
Well your bike looks awesome with the RK bags. I'm also a fan of the RK Classic bags and have them on my 08 Crossbones and 011 Fatboy Lo. Bought both sets off Fleabay, the last set for the Crossbones came with the Cyclevision brackets and were mounted on a Deluxe. He even had the Deluxe badges mounted on the bags sides. Had several people ask why I put a Springer front end on my Deluxe haha. Regular bag guards off a RK won't work because they attach to a down bracket on the fender, at least on the models I've owned which were a late 80s Electra Glide, and an 02 Road Glide008.jpg.
Thanks Snowyone.

It looks t me you you got the Road king Custom saddlebags; which I tried to hunt for, but later settled with the RKC.

As for the guards, I was wondering if the Softail deluxe/heritage guards would fit with my cyclevisions brackets. Cyclevisions has their own guards which they say would fit with the hard bags.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Runcy12
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AMubaslat
True. Was also wondering why HD is not designing a suitable and spacious bags for the deluxe; though they did for the CVO Deluxe version.

It took me quite a while before I settle on this setup.
Yeah that question has had me wondering too. Unfortunately, I still think Harley deams it a "girls" bike and that if you want large bags you have to move UP to a touring bike.

As our bikes and many others have shown, the Deluxe is a great platform to build on, especially for those of us who are shorter in the inseam and don't want to tippy toe the larger Touring bikes around.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:49 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bones77

Bones
I think this is due in part to how high the stock pipes are on the Deluxe, the top pipe being above the passenger peg.

Quick Reply: Deluxe with RKC Bags & Guards... Pics please...