Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedo question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 02:22 PM
fatboy1729
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Speedo question...

Anyone have the 5" Spun Aluminum Speedo on their softail? If so, have you or anyone you might know have an issue with the fuel light on the speedo staying on all the time, even when full? Part # is 67313-05A...Thanks in advance for any help...

Old 09-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I've got one and haven't had any issues. Has your light been on since you installed it?

Old 09-03-2014, 03:34 PM
fatboy1729
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Pitbull_Dallas
I've got one and haven't had any issues. Has your light been on since you installed it?
Yes, checked all my connections over and over again. A thread on here a while back stated that some older versions of the speedo the company knew about but was only taking care of the people that actually complained about it and if it were under warranty. Go figure right. It also said that the newer versions of the speedo fixed the fuel light problem. I probably got one of the older versions. My luck...Thanks for replying Pitbull...

Old 09-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master

Based on what you said, I'd ride it up to where you bought the speedo, show them the problem and ask for a new one, that doesn't have the issue. That speedo isnt cheap and they need to make good on it..

Old 09-03-2014, 04:21 PM
fatboy1729
Road Captain

Based on what you said, I'd ride it up to where you bought the speedo, show them the problem and ask for a new one, that doesn't have the issue. That speedo isnt cheap and they need to make good on it..
Just got off the phone with them and they are denying anything ever was wrong with the older versions. Basically, they said they will not give me another one to try. Figured. They said if they knew their were problems with them then they would let me exchange it. Here is the killer answer they gave me when I asked if one of there technicians could look at it anyway. They said yes and to make an appn't and me get charged the hourly rate. What is it now, 80 bucks and hour. Probably close anyway... I am going in tomorrow to speak with the manager and see what he says...Thanks again brother for replying...Ray...

Old 09-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Redda
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I have one but i put it new with the new bike a fews weeks ago. No problems so far touch wood!
When did you buy it? Any chance of a warranty claim?

Old 09-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master

Originally Posted by fatboy1729
Just got off the phone with them and they are denying anything ever was wrong with the older versions. Basically, they said they will not give me another one to try. Figured. They said if they knew their were problems with them then they would let me exchange it. Here is the killer answer they gave me when I asked if one of there technicians could look at it anyway. They said yes and to make an appn't and me get charged the hourly rate. What is it now, 80 bucks and hour. Probably close anyway... I am going in tomorrow to speak with the manager and see what he says...Thanks again brother for replying...Ray...
Just out of curiousity, when you installed the speedo did you go through the little programming procedure in the instructions or did you just plug it in and go?

Old 09-03-2014, 08:00 PM
fatboy1729
Road Captain

Just out of curiousity, when you installed the speedo did you go through the little programming procedure in the instructions or did you just plug it in and go?
Plug it in and go. Never knew about if their was any programming procedures. Maybe that is why the fuel light stays on...Do you have the info for programming if that's what you did? Thanks again...