Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 04:56 AM
Aussie HD
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Cheers I will have a look, I need to convert to Australia dollars and work out the postage to see if it's worth it.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:58 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm on the Gold Coast and a rough guess from all the parts I've ordered from the states this year if say you order it direct at $320 US you'd be paying around $400-$450 AUS shipped to your door in brissy. Which is pretty good considering I've seen them going for over $700 here in Australia. I've been looking at a headlight change for my train also

Old 09-05-2014, 03:41 AM
Aussie HD
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ink83
I'm on the Gold Coast and a rough guess from all the parts I've ordered from the states this year if say you order it direct at $320 US you'd be paying around $400-$450 AUS shipped to your door in brissy. Which is pretty good considering I've seen them going for over $700 here in Australia. I've been looking at a headlight change for my train also

Ah ok, cheers mate. I went onto that website and it said no international deliveries. If you know of another shop let me know please.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:42 AM
Aussie HD
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ink83

Ah ok, cheers mate. I went onto that website and it said no international deliveries. If you know of another shop let me know please. I can get one for $502 from Morgan and Wackers.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:50 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Aussie HD
Ah ok, cheers mate. I went onto that website and it said no international deliveries. If you know of another shop let me know please. I can get one for $502 from Morgan and Wackers.
Know anyone in the US to to order one then ship it to you?

Old 09-05-2014, 04:51 AM
rob5r1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the HD Daymaker Projector on my FLHXS. It's TERRIBLE ! Very flat beam from side to side. And that's fine as long as you are going straight. But when you are cornering, it stay's flat and you will have no light where you need it. So if you ride twisty roads, it is truly a safety hazard. Tried it at night on the Tail of the Dragon. It was a very scary, tense ride. Pretty dissappointed that HD would sell this, especially for the cost.

I have since switched to the Headwinds H4 bulb with a headlight housing from Adjure. Far better light. I am looking for something to install on my FLSTFI that is similar.

Try the HD light (at night) before you buy one.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:56 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by rob5r1
I have the HD Daymaker Projector on my FLHXS. It's TERRIBLE ! Very flat beam from side to side. And that's fine as long as you are going straight. But when you are cornering, it stay's flat and you will have no light where you need it. So if you ride twisty roads, it is truly a safety hazard. Tried it at night on the Tail of the Dragon. It was a very scary, tense ride. Pretty dissappointed that HD would sell this, especially for the cost.

I have since switched to the Headwinds H4 bulb with a headlight housing from Adjure. Far better light. I am looking for something to install on my FLSTFI that is similar.

Try the HD light (at night) before you buy one.
Is yours the new one?

Old 09-05-2014, 05:29 AM
Aussie HD
Tourer

Originally Posted by Village Idiot™
Know anyone in the US to to order one then ship it to you?
Well actually brother...hahaha....You....

Old 09-05-2014, 07:17 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Aussie HD
Well actually brother...hahaha....You....
Shoot me a PM if you're serious.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:19 AM
rob5r1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Village Idiot™
Is yours the new one?
No. I have the old one. But for the money, it should be far better. The headwinds/Adjure combo I have was less than $200. I got the housing from Ebay for $39, but I doubt you'd find another deal that cheap. I would count on spending $70+ on the housing. And the bulb was $100. I only needed the housing because the 2014 stock housing is a dual bulb set up.

Quick Reply: LED headlights