Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

80 km round trip for butter!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007 | 09:18 PM
kato1964
|
Road Warrior
Default 80 km round trip for butter!!

The weather here has sucked in the largest possible way this spring. No signs of global warming at all here in the Edmonton area...nor many other areas across Canada, from what I've seen, with the possible exception of B.C. However today's high was a balmy 7C (about 45F) and the skies were clear, so I bundled up for my first ride in a couple of weeks. Headed to the south side of the city to show off the newly reconfigured Fatty to a buddy, and then came home. Chilly, but happy. Got in the door, went to have a bite to eat, and the wife told me we were out of butter. I volunteered to jump back on the bike, and go to the grocery store and get some. The grocery store at a town about 40 kms up the road mind you! Again, came back home, chilly but happy. Depending on who you want to listen to, it is either going to be 2 and snowing, or 12 - 17 and clear tomorrow. I'm hoping for the latter, but expecting the former. Regardless, domestic chores are much more fun to do when on the bike, aren't they? I have to admit, I hope the warm weather gets here soon though. I hate putting on the skidoo suit for a bike ride up the highway!!

Old 04-08-2007 | 10:35 PM
weasel
Intermediate
Default RE: 80 km round trip for butter!!

Hello Again Kato, I know exactly what you have been going through--I've been doing exactly the same thing. I expect the weather to bewhat you are havingin Edmontonat the beginning ofApril, but not herearound Kingston. It hasn't reached above 45 degreesyet. What a pain! I've put on about 300 miles just the same way you have --- in short cold but satisfying rides. I put the long underwear on, gloves and 3 layers ofshirts and head out. My wife is getting impatient too but will wait till it gets warmer.It even hadthe nerve to snow a bit over night, so I couldn't take her out today.The temp made it all the way up to 40 degrees and melted the snow away by dinner. Still better than our neighbours in northern New York state -- some of those areas got 6 inches.All next week the prediction out to Thurs is, the temp wont get above 46. I ride any day above 40 degrees and clear. Man, when is this stretch of bad weather going to end. Needless to say --- I will be going the long way to pick up the butter, cold or not.

Ride Safe!
Wayne

Old 04-09-2007 | 12:15 AM
Nasty350LT1
Cruiser

Weasel, "It hasn't reached above 45 degreesyet"

I do not know what you were smoking two weeks ago, last Thursday
but, it was 80 degrees in Wappingers Falls... I rode all day with just a T-Shirt.

Old 04-09-2007 | 04:48 PM
weasel
Intermediate

Obviously not the real good stuff, as I still feel the god damm cold when I ride. Heh Nasty, where the hell is Wappingers Falls?

Old 04-10-2007 | 03:15 AM
Nasty350LT1
Cruiser

Obviously when you said "Kingston" I thought you meant New York.

Were you speaking of Kingston, Jamaica or Kingston, Ontario, Canada ?

Wappingers Falls is about 30 miles south of Kingston N.Y.
I rode up to Woodstock Harley and the weather was fine.