Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014 | 12:20 PM
jtarter
|
Road Master
Default Samson exhaust

Hello,
I am new to the forum/Harley. I just purchased an 08 Deluxe. It has Samson pipes. I noticed from the short time on here, that a lot people talk **** about Samson. I was just wondering why, what is wrong with them? This is a serious question, I don't know anything about different parts/accessories. Mine seem to be great, they sound amazing. Just trying to figure out all the in/outs of my bike.
Thanks,
Jeff

Old 08-12-2014 | 02:01 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Samson has moved it's facility and as a result their customer service, meeting demands, and quality has suffered causing some unrest. I think the other reason is because some people want those who love Samson exhaust to try something different (because they always suggest a different exhaust from a different brand) and say they have problems with their exhaust which usually isn't Samson's fault or don't supply any pictures at all to prove what they are saying is true in order to make Samson look worse. I've had three set of true dual samson fishtail exhaust with no problem and I am ordering another set because I don't like the sound of the baffled version I have now. Fishtail exhaust is most popular with softail owners so most of the troll threads are here.

Last edited by Tailsfrommycrib; 08-12-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2014 | 02:04 PM
Mike.p
4th Gear

From what I gather it's not the exhaust itself. It actualy is great. It's the wait time and customer service everyone has problems with. I'm in the middle of piece a full setup together because I'm not doing that 5+month wait lol

Old 08-13-2014 | 11:12 PM
FrozenInTime
Tourer

Getting the pipes and recent quality seems to be ppls problem with them. You have them already installed, enjoy them. I love mine and would not trade them for anything. Mine sound awesome, look awesome and will be on my bike for a long time, I doubt I ever take them off. When Sampson gets their chit straight and delivering good products again, I will get the longer ones.

Old 08-13-2014 | 11:16 PM
Dake
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Im happy with the set I have. But they are a older set I got from Knuckles on here used. I do plan to bye some new 33in fishtails if I cant find them used.

Old 08-14-2014 | 12:02 AM
jpowell490
Road Master

The Samson Legend Series Rip Saws were the stuff on a Night Train. I love Samson.

However, it took them a YEAR to move and about that amount of time has passed for anyone to get their order. So yea, a bit of toes stepped on.

Old 08-14-2014 | 11:26 AM
j8mke
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dake
Im happy with the set I have. But they are a older set I got from Knuckles on here used. I do plan to bye some new 33in fishtails if I cant find them used.
What length pipe/muffler do you have currently? Im after the 28.5'' if you have these and are looking to sell.

Old 08-15-2014 | 09:33 PM
1980FLHShovel
Cruiser

Love my Samson pipes. Sound great after some trimming of the Decibel Killer baffles and I love the look.

Don't know why you would even need customer service. Took mine out of the box, bolted um on and rode off.

Old 08-15-2014 | 11:19 PM
xmavrick
Advanced

I purchased a 05 Deluxe that has the samson true duals with fishtails. They sound great but the pipe length is 23" and I need a longer fishtail to mount my boss bags. I had placed an order not knowing the currant issue with production, and was strung along for a couple of months. The straw that broke the camels back with me was they never said the 33" fishtails where not available and had the nerve to charge my credit card. I cancelled my order this week and now will see how quick they are with refunding my balance. As for their customer service no one I spoke to was rude but then again no one was willing to come forward about the production issues and back orders.
From my view all I can say is buyer be where when dealing with Samson.

I will wait till this winter and purchase my fishtails from another vender that has them in stock!