Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's See Your Beach Bars!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 12:43 PM
moefoties
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Let's See Your Beach Bars!

Hey everyone. I'm in the process (and have been for a while now) of researching all parts associated with installing beach bars on my '05 Deluxe after summer (bars, risers, handlebar control kits, braided cables, mirrors etc.). I've searched the forum many times on this topic, but I'm hoping for something a little more specific to this subject than what I've been able to find. Props to NC D'LUXE for starting this thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...installed.html. It has given me a great jumping-off point in this process. I'm hoping those of you with beach bars can post some photos, along with your parts list, to help steer me in the right direction. After all the research I've done I'm leaning toward the 1-1/4" Burly Beach Bars, but haven't ruled-out others. I'd love to hear all of your opinions about what you decided to go with & why, and whether you're happy with your decision. Thanks in advance for taking the time to post.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:34 PM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,664 Likes on 439 Posts

I'm putting beach bars on my '97 Springer.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:04 PM
kalbo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

moefoties hope this helps.

I ran wires internal without extensions. Got the bars undimpled as I put a Garage Inc internal throttle on. Drilled and slotted bars for wires and throttle cable, had to go +4 on throtlle cable. Clutch cable left as is. Ebay grips, not happy with these so still looking for better ones.

1" Burley beach bars
LA Choppers 1.5" Celtic cross risers
HD Resorvoir cover 46098-98
HD Switch cover 71826-11

Attached Thumbnails Let's See Your Beach Bars!-photo.jpg  
Old 08-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Low budget Dan
Road Master

Received 464 Likes on 236 Posts

with tank lift

very comfortable riding position

i got these hd narrow beach bars on a closeout table a few years ago for like half price ran the wires internally they give a very comfortable riding position my son has the regular hd beach bars and they are only a couple of inches longer i did change out the cables to Magnun sheilded but kept the stock length coming from a taller stock heritage bar

Old 08-01-2014, 02:48 PM
proraptor
Tourer

Originally Posted by Low budget Dan

with tank lift

very comfortable riding position

i got these hd narrow beach bars on a closeout table a few years ago for like half price ran the wires internally they give a very comfortable riding position my son has the regular hd beach bars and they are only a couple of inches longer i did change out the cables to Magnun sheilded but kept the stock length coming from a taller stock heritage bar
So all the stock cables from the heritage softail's mini apes work on those harley narrow beach bars? What kind of risers are those?

Old 08-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Low budget Dan
Road Master

they are hd and show in the catalouge they are the same set up as a cvo fat boy i think

Old 08-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Low budget Dan
Road Master

i ran the stock cables for two years i just changed out the cables this year when i did the tank lift and coil relocation new cables were ordered stock length

Old 08-01-2014, 05:20 PM
proraptor
Tourer

Originally Posted by Low budget Dan
i ran the stock cables for two years i just changed out the cables this year when i did the tank lift and coil relocation new cables were ordered stock length
Stock length for a heritage classic? what year is your bike

Old 08-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Low budget Dan
Road Master

Stock length they were the original cables my bike is an 02

Old 08-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Low budget Dan
Road Master

I ran stock bars and cables then I changed to these bars and kept the stock cables for two or three years then I switched cables to the magnun shielded and I ordered those stock length and everything works great no problems turning or throttle picking up etc. all is well with the HD narrow beach bars and stock length cables

Quick Reply: Let's See Your Beach Bars!