Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor board question - Fat Boy

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Juhenry81
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor board question - Fat Boy

Hey guys. Any help would be much appreciated. I've got an '06 Fatboy. I'm about 6'1 and I wear a size 14 boot. When I ride my feet hang off the back of the floor boards. I'd like to be able to stetch out a bit more, but i dont really like the look of highway bars. Has anyone encountered the same problem? Are there other options availible out there where I can still use a floorboard instead of pegs?

Old 04-05-2007, 10:00 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Floor board question - Fat Boy

www.bubbasbrake.com

floorboard extension kit

Old 04-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Juhenry81
Novice

Thanks. I should have know it would be something that simple. I've been searching parts on line and I guess I just haven't come accross that yet. Hope i didnt waste anyones time.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Chucky
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure where they came from, but may Fatboy has a set of peg mounts in front of the floorboards.You can put whatever pegs you want on the mounts. They let you rest your feet up on the pegs to streatch out.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:38 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is from another post....

Here is what I did, I got the Harley extended rider floorboards P/N 42638-03 they are for the touring modles, but they do fit any bike with "D" shaped floorboards. Then I got the Kuryakyn MK III cruiser pegs that mount to the bottom of the floorboards. They are not designed to fit the extended rider floorboards and you will have to drill new holes in the mounting plate for them to work but that really isnt a problem. Also you can only use 3 of the 4 bolts for each side. This is because of where the mounting brackets on the bottom of the new floorboards are. From start to finish with mounting the cruiser pegs it will take about 1.5 to 2.5hrs. The new floorboard pans only cost 79.95 and the cruiser pegs are 189.99. Im not sure the price of forward controls but im going to guess that this way is a little cheeper. The new floorboards will give you 2 inches farther forward and the cuiser pegs will give you 2 more options for your feet, heel on the board toe on the peg or entire foot on the peg. I really love my set up, it is much more comfortable than stock. I am 6'1 just for referance. One other thing I would recomend is getting the extended rear break pedel as well. its just a comfort and convienance thing. Hope this give you an option to keep the boards for a long haul while giving you highway pegs without the crash bars. In my sig pic you can see the set up.

Chris

Old 04-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Fatboy931
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cyclevisions makes a kit that moves the stock floorboard assemblyforward 2". I just install the kit on my 93 FLSTF. I'm 6'4" and the extension make a big difference. You can't use engine guards though. The kit for mine was under $200 and think the ones for newer bikes are cheaper.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: Juhenry81

Hey guys. Any help would be much appreciated. I've got an '06 Fatboy. I'm about 6'1 and I wear a size 14 boot. When I ride my feet hang off the back of the floor boards. I'd like to be able to stetch out a bit more, but i dont really like the look of highway bars. Has anyone encountered the same problem? Are there other options availible out there where I can still use a floorboard instead of pegs?
There is also these:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=3224

Kury makes very nice functional chrome.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:29 PM
monsterdeluxe
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what I went with.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13911/6791D16D50A6445E9488FE3B76C9C272.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Juhenry81
Novice

Thanks guys. Lots of great options. I'll post some pics when I get her all done.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:35 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What did you decide to do?

Chris

Quick Reply: Floor board question - Fat Boy