Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pillion seat on softail slim?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 01:43 AM
Billsbuffalo
Cruiser
Received 73 Likes on 28 Posts
Default pillion seat on softail slim?

Hi, l'm seriously thinking about getting a softail slim and love the look of the single seat, but l also want to have the wife on the back once in a while, the HD pillion pad in the parts catalogue looks tiny, my wife doesn't have a big *** but she isn't the most confident on a bike , so a nice big seat would be needed. Has anyone fitted a seat intended for another softail model onto a slim?
Or any other ideas would be much appreciated, must be easily detacthable.
Thanks

Old 07-08-2014, 04:21 AM
CajunIron
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the HD pillion pad. It looks good because it matches the stock seat. However it's just a leather wrapped brick. Okay for bar hopping but like the stock seat is only.for looks. Anything other that short runs you'll need to get a quality 2 up seat and there's thousands of post about that.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Juggerpops
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they look pretty clean on the bike, can't speak for the comfort.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:53 AM
Dutch101st
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a Le Pera Bare Bones seat and pillion...not really made for touring but good for short trips

Old 07-08-2014, 10:28 AM
batmanslim
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A stock blackline seat fits on the slim. It's a two up seat I believe and actually looks nice on the slim. the sundowner seat fits too but before you try it on your bike lay plastic down or it'll scratch your fender. It did mine when I tried it at the dealer.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Steve635
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought an HD Sundowner seat for my Slim when I bought the bike and the wife said take it off it ruins the look of the bike. I totally agreed the seat is far too wide for the bike and extends a couple of inches past the frame on either side. She now rides with the pillion and is good for up to about 2 hours, so far I'm hanging on to the Sundowner in case I decide to put it on for longer rides, but I doubt I will. I may look for another alternative for longer rides but doubt I'll be using the Sundowner.
What sucks is that the dealer had a lady whose job was strictly to help set up your bike with custom accessories that matched the bike and your riding style, aesthetic taste, etc.. Since I hadn't bought a new Harley since'97 I thought it sounded like a good idea. Well that didn't exactly work out, the parts she recommended looked great in the catalog but in my opinion really don't match the bike (seat being the prime example) and everyone has either been or will be altered or replaced. I know, I know, should have known better and an expensive lesson, really bought that they were more interested in customer satisfaction than a few extra bucks since I had just bought the bike from them....worse part she wasn't even good looking.

Last edited by Steve635; 07-08-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:47 PM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a brown mustang and bib for solo and love the comfort of the sundowner two up. You can't see it when your riding but you sure can feel it. Sometimes function over form really does matter. Just my Two bob.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Billsbuffalo
Cruiser
Received 73 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the replies, the "leather brick" does suit the stripped down look of the `slim but I know the wife wouldn`t want to ride on it.
Maybe easier to get a new wife?

Old 07-08-2014, 04:12 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

If you're a single guy, the HD pillion is good enough to pick up a gal at the bar. Heck, it'll be a nice test of how much she'll put up with for a ride.

But if you're a married man like you and I, you at least need a Lepera Barebones pillion for the wifey. That means you'll also need a LePera barebones seat. Much more comfy. Not a touring set up, but does compliment the slim downed lines of the bike nicely, IMHO.

The pillion comes off easily with a twist of the holding nut on the rear fender. The underside is covered in felt, so most likely no paint damage to the fender by having it on. Though I'd probably be paranoid and put additional felt on the edges of the pillion just to be sure.

Last edited by SoCalSoftailSlim; 07-08-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:43 PM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only one poor picture of my pillion set.

Attached Thumbnails pillion seat on softail slim?-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: pillion seat on softail slim?