Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad wolf led headlight

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 08:11 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR
Received 20,424 Likes on 7,999 Posts

Wow...sorry, but that is a bit goofy looking IMO.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:20 PM
red deuce
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

can we see pics of it turned on during the day? Also night shots? How is the spread does it have a hard cutoff like the Harley one?

Old 08-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Olsen185
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by red deuce
can we see pics of it turned on during the day? Also night shots? How is the spread does it have a hard cutoff like the Harley one?
I'll do what I can with the pictures, getting pictures that accurately show the light output is a little difficult.

The stock light was horrible. Even with the high beams on it was pretty useless.

I upgraded to a HID kit which definitely helped, but the light was not focused. The light from the hid bulb in the stock housing projected a cone of light with a dead spot in the center. If I had a projector lens the light output would have been a lot better.

The light from the Oracle LED is very focused. The beam it projects is a tight circle directly ahead of the bike.

I'll post some pictures when it gets dark here.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:42 PM
red deuce
Tourer

Awesome thanks

Old 08-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Olsen185
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Best I could do for tonight

No lights

Low beam

High beam

Low beam

High beam

Old 08-02-2014, 09:12 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

You know?... It seems like at least once a month a thread pops up about headlamps, and there's always somebody saying they got a great deal on a light that was designed for a car or truck instead of a motorcycle. Car & Truck headlights are designed to take advantage of the fact that there are two of them to fill-in the pattern, and you're taking away one of those unless you have two headlights on your motorcycle! And the ones who use HID conversions - yeah, thanks for blinding everyone approaching you! That's a stupid move too. If you want better lighting for your scoot, look for a light that was specifically designed for motorcycle use, not one "repurposed" from an auto or truck, or some poorly thought out conversion kit. If you ride at night, make buying the best light a priority.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:17 PM
red deuce
Tourer

I bought the best for my bike. The harley led and it was dangerous on backroad turns

Last edited by red deuce; 08-02-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:09 AM
paulmj
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

To be fair I have seen the HD Day Maker headlight fitted to cars here in the UK. Mostly on Land Rover Defenders, so I'm not convinced that it isn't a repurposed car light.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:20 AM
FurryOne
Road Master

Originally Posted by paulmj
To be fair I have seen the HD Day Maker headlight fitted to cars here in the UK. Mostly on Land Rover Defenders, so I'm not convinced that it isn't a repurposed car light.
Most likely the reason for using those lights is the wider dispersion pattern than normal car/truck lights. While Harley's LED lights are made for them, the glass pattern is pretty unique.

Attached Thumbnails bad wolf led headlight-img_0698.jpg  
Old 08-03-2014, 07:49 AM
FurryOne
Road Master

Originally Posted by red deuce
I bought the best for my bike. The harley led and it was dangerous on backroad turns
Which version did you have? I believe they're on their second generation LED lights now, which appear to have revised lenses. I have the 1st gen. I'm looking to buy the 2nd gen. to see what they improved. The 1st gen. has a wide, but thin off-axis pattern, and I'm hoping they improved the off-axis depth.

Quick Reply: bad wolf led headlight