Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floorboard opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Softtail Bob
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floorboard opinions?

I have the wide band grips, passenger pegs, shifter, front Axel covers,and brake pad but still have the stock floorboard inserts. HD wants $200 for the matching floorboard inserts but I have been eyeing the Flame collection. For the $200 HD wants for the wide band inserts I could get the Flame inserts $95, pass pegs $65, shifters $15 each x 2, and the brake pad $32, and chrome frontaxle covers $29. I don't feel like jacking with the grips right now so I would wait till later to tackle these. My issue with the wide band inserts is at 80 mph I'm afraid my feet will want to slip off due to very little rubber on these. If you have the wide band floorboards how do they work at higher speeds and do the translate the motor vibrations any more than stock? What do you think looks the best on a silver Fat boy? Thanks!!!!

Old 04-03-2007, 09:21 PM
LuckyBob
Advanced
Default RE: Floorboard opinions?

Feet slip off? Are you standing up on them?

Old 04-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Softtail Bob
Road Captain

Slip off??? Most defiantly at 80 or 85 my feet already want to slip off the floor boards from the wind. If I don't apply pressure my feet will come right off the side of the floorboards. I am watching a set of the wideband inserts on ebay so if they reach the reserve and can be had for $120 or so I will jump on them.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:30 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the narrow band collection all over (except for the grips which I discarded for the entire-chromed ones) and I have no such problem going 100mph. My engine is an Evolution 1340 "spine/wrist massager". So in your case that should be the less of your concerns...

I would not go for the flame collection because mud will eventually (I've seen it) scratch the chromed surface in the boards [:'(]

But as I always say if you have that itch... you will have to scratch...

Best regards.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Softtail Bob
Road Captain

Do you have any problem keeping the floorboards clean and shining? I know with the knurled areas on these collections you have to use a tooth brush to clean the dirt out of the little cracks. lol..

Old 04-03-2007, 09:48 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Softtail Bob

Do you have any problem keeping the floorboards clean and shining? I know with the knurled areas on these collections you have to use a tooth brush to clean the dirt out of the little cracks. lol..
That is no lie... But, I just let dirt loosen wet and then the hose does the rest. Just as when I shower

Mimo.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:59 PM
TraumaKing
Banned

Hey there Softail Bob,

I have the nostalgic inserts one because I like the "Old Nostalgic look" and the rubber to chrome ratio is such there is no problems with scratching or cleaning.The rubber is fairly stiff and raised a good bit above the chrome, I have no contact with the chrome areas here are some pics and the rear footboards have the same inserts as does the brake pedal and shifter pegs all match.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:08 PM
TraumaKing
Banned

also softail Bob since I took these pics I have added Fishtail end caps and chrome axel covers, really brought the back end out in contrast with the black swing arms.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:42 PM
RandyM1911
Tourer

I don't think vibration will be an issue as all of the floor board inserts "float" on a rubber cushion to dampen the vibration. The hard aluminum finish vs the hard rubber finish will likely be a non-issue. Go for what you like. Just my .02.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:56 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TraumaKing....
I love your bike. Nice job.[8D]

Quick Reply: Floorboard opinions?