Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014 | 07:50 PM
redman9
Intermediate

Sounds to me like a pinched wire when tightening the chrome controls together on the bars. Just an idea. For a schematic (and the rest), try the link after this. No lecture here, just a quick link that served me very well. $8US instant download of manuals. Good to have regardless of present need. You're welcome. http://www.repairmanualsoncd.com/har...ce-manuals.php

Old 06-28-2014 | 08:35 PM
dochawken
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by redman9
Sounds to me like a pinched wire when tightening the chrome controls together on the bars. Just an idea. For a schematic (and the rest), try the link after this. No lecture here, just a quick link that served me very well. $8US instant download of manuals. Good to have regardless of present need. You're welcome. http://www.repairmanualsoncd.com/har...ce-manuals.php
That is helpful...I do believe that when my ignition switch failed that a relay tripped. I have checked the wires 4 times, do not see the issue there, the run and start work well as does the brake light switch....hi/lo beam also fine...I think it is in the accessory link. I heard a small pop when the switch failed...but it sounded like it was in the console. Anyway...I shall order the RM on CD..very reasonable price and I can have it for future reference. Thanks for the constructive comment.

Old 06-28-2014 | 09:05 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dochawken
I don't suffer fools, it annoys me. If I had the SM I would be riding the bike today..but not having access, I asked for help. You are correct..there are many good people on these sites, but they usually come with constructive comment. I have seen that mindless SM response adnauseum...felt it stupid the first time I saw it posted and have not changed my kind. But I can appreciate your comment, just don't agree with it.
for someone asking for help you have a pretty big chip on your shoulder. If you're going to do your own work get an SM with a wiring diagram. Thats not bad advice but we will jump right in and try to help because you arent prepared.

Anyway if you heard a pop immediately after doing this mod crack the housings back open get everything separated then check all the fuses and if nothing is blown try the controls again.

PS like we give a **** if you take your ball and go to VT forum...happy trails bro

Old 06-28-2014 | 09:38 PM
Aaronstottle
Cruiser

Wow...

If comments are not deemed helpful or immediate, we are to be disregarded.
What a nice way to act toward people that try to offer advice without expectation of remuneration or reciprocity....

Thank you for your contribution...

ps... I had similar symptoms when my voltage regulator went bad...

Old 06-29-2014 | 10:06 AM
dochawken
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
for someone asking for help you have a pretty big chip on your shoulder. If you're going to do your own work get an SM with a wiring diagram. Thats not bad advice but we will jump right in and try to help because you arent prepared.

Anyway if you heard a pop immediately after doing this mod crack the housings back open get everything separated then check all the fuses and if nothing is blown try the controls again.

PS like we give a **** if you take your ball and go to VT forum...happy trails bro
Another genius..but when using hackneyed worn out expressions like " bro "..why would anyone lend any credence to your feeble thoughts? To your credit..at least it wasn't " dude", but given time, you'll probably get there. Thank you for your in depth counsel.

Old 06-29-2014 | 11:39 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

You are a really smart guy Dr. ******* but Im riding my bike today and was able to make it through my chrome housing installation.

If its nice out maybe you could go for a walk or something?

Last edited by Motown Strag; 06-29-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2014 | 06:35 PM
dochawken
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
You are a really smart guy Dr. ******* but Im riding my bike today and was able to make it through my chrome housing installation.

If its nice out maybe you could go for a walk or something?
Ok genius...but w/o your moronic input...I fixed it myself ...a faulty relay. So one can see...if you want insightful comment...you need not seek it here, because dolts like you never have an original thought

Old 06-30-2014 | 06:47 PM
dochawken
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Aaronstottle
Wow...

If comments are not deemed helpful or immediate, we are to be disregarded.
What a nice way to act toward people that try to offer advice without expectation of remuneration or reciprocity....

Thank you for your contribution...

ps... I had similar symptoms when my voltage regulator went bad...
Exactly...come with solutions, not anecdotes. Who cares? Remuneration for what? I don't give a damn how verbose you are, it isn't a matter of volume. Read the post, if you have constructive input, bring it, otherwise who the hell wants to hear it. It's just blather...if that's what draws your interest, knock yourself out...but for me, it's just a tragic waste of time. But thank you for your noble concern.

Old 06-30-2014 | 08:28 PM
NH Marcus
Cruiser

I found the thread interesting... doc strikes me as abrasive... but he is as direct as can be... It does seen funny that someone would post for assistance, and then respond like that... But after all that I just might buy him a beer if seated next to him.

Part of me is happy he fixed his bike... but the other part of me enjoyed him being such an ***, and the resulting tribe.

doc, don't be a stranger here...

Old 06-30-2014 | 10:47 PM
dochawken
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by NH Marcus
I found the thread interesting... doc strikes me as abrasive... but he is as direct as can be... It does seen funny that someone would post for assistance, and then respond like that... But after all that I just might buy him a beer if seated next to him.

Part of me is happy he fixed his bike... but the other part of me enjoyed him being such an ***, and the resulting tribe.

doc, don't be a stranger here...
I am simply stating what I feel to be the honest truth..most of the issues on these forums are consumate blather, but on occasion you find bright and insightful men that will answer a question succinctly and without a tendency to lecture. Those individuals I respect, they bring their A game. Those that come like Boy Scout Leaders and are offended when you tell them so, are of no value in a pointed discussion. If you ask me a question, I will answer in a constructive manner, not waste your time. Thanks..I knew if I thought about it logically it would come to me, but too late for the weekend.

Quick Reply: I need help