Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's official...I own a Heritage Softail!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014 | 06:52 PM
AUspicious
|
Intermediate
Default It's official...I own a Heritage Softail!

Or maybe it owns me; I haven't quite figured it out yet. At any rate, I'm up in north AL and have spent the last couple weeks looking for a HD. Really liked everything about the Heritage Softail...was incredibly comfortable, felt like I was sitting IN the bike instead of on it. And it looks simply phenomenal. Just had to find one I liked that met all my criteria.

I'm probably like everybody else...I wanted all the bike I could get for very little money. I wanted fuel injection, so 2001 or later. I wanted very low miles. I wanted it as stock as I could get it. And I wanted it for less than $8,000. I found a bike in Mobile (334 miles away) that caught my eye. I called him up, asked a few questions that weren't covered in the craigslist ad, and told him where I lived. The bike is a 2005, fewer than 8,000 miles, almost totally stock, in almost perfect condition (small tear on backrest and small scratch on back fender), but beyond that it's gorgeous. It was listed for $9,000 so I asked him for a bottom dollar, and he told me........$7,500. Sounded like a very fair price to me, considering KBB and NADA book value on them.

I drove down to Mobile yesterday afternoon, borrowed a friend's trailer, met another friend down there and killed some brain cells last night, stayed in a swanky hotel, and then met the seller this morning. The bike was sitting in his driveway looking sexy as all hell. The seller was SUPER nice, very informative and helpful, and let me take the bike out for a spin. It didn't have the throttle response I'm used to, but it didn't take long to get familiar with it. It was an absolutely glorious ride. That one ride put to rest all the misinformed trash talk I've heard about HDs...it's just a really great bike.

I settled up with the seller, paid cash, signed the bill of sale and title, and loaded the bike onto the trailer. I dropped my bud off at his house and then blazed a trail for home. Five hours later, I'm unloading this beauty in my driveway. BEHOLD!!!!!

Haven't put any significant miles on her yet, but I'm going to be doing that very soon. Anyway, just wanted to share my new treasure.

Old 06-22-2014 | 06:59 PM
gyehuda
Intermediate

Gorgeous! Congrats!
I have a 2013 anniversary heritage and I just love it!

Old 06-22-2014 | 07:00 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master

Looks brand new. Enjoy.

Old 06-22-2014 | 07:03 PM
MicahB339
Tourer

That's a good deal on that bike.

I just paid way more than that for a 06 with 15k miles

I'm on my way to mobile now but I won't be having near as much fun as you did lol
(Work)

Old 06-22-2014 | 07:03 PM
bostonguy
2nd Gear

Congratulations man. I bought the EXACT same bike, except it's a 2014, last Thursday. From your pictures you couldn't tell them apart, color, everything is identical. I've never owned either a brand new bike or a Harley so I splurged this time. I figure at 50 years old I deserve to treat myself.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I expect to enjoy mine. Congrats again on the deal!

Old 06-22-2014 | 07:06 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member

Welcome to the forum and to the world of the Softail.

Looks like you did alright for yourself, kid. That is one nice looking Heritage. I might be a little partial to the Heritage myself.

Many people like to keep the bike stock which is certainly fine. If you need help spending any money on mods, there are numerous people in this forum that can help you with that.

Time to put some miles on her. Ride safe.

Old 06-22-2014 | 07:39 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member

Welcome......Trade ya tires! LOL I want to get rid of these new WWs and get Black Walls. I just don't like cleaning bikes and using water on them. Especially the wheels.

Old 06-22-2014 | 07:47 PM
lemonade_07flstc
Extreme HDF Member

Welcome to the Forums from Central IL and to the Heritage Softail group. Bikes looks great you wont be sorry, love the way the Heritage rides. Enjoy.

Old 06-22-2014 | 08:00 PM
mustang125
Cruiser

Congratulations! Maybe I will see you around on 09. Ride safe.

Old 06-22-2014 | 08:01 PM
Tony_N
Road Master

Really nice Softail. Enjoy it!

Quick Reply: It's official...I own a Heritage Softail!