Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's official...I own a Heritage Softail!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014 | 08:01 AM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member

Great deal, nice bike!
But you still paid a few thousand more than I paid for mine, muhahahaha.

Old 06-23-2014 | 08:30 AM
oct1949
Club Member

good find. check out the tires good for cracking, 8yrs old they might need replaced even with tread left.

Might want to do a full service of oils and lube the cables, grease the neck bearings and flush the brake lines to get on top of your maintenance. just saying..

Hope your love yours as much as the wife and I do ours...

Old 06-23-2014 | 04:26 PM
AUspicious
|
Intermediate

Thanks for all the replies and the great advice. I definitely plan on doing a thorough servicing of the bike. It has a pretty new front tire, but needs a new rear. Also discovered that the fuel gauge doesn't work. Not a big deal as I usually keep the trip odo displayed and reset after every fill up so I can calculate mpg...although I would like to get that fixed.

Just registered the bike and affixed the tag so I'm totally legal now. Once I service it and get the new rear tire, the next order of business is to put some miles on this machine! I'd really enjoy meeting up with some other north Alabama riders. Message me if interested.

Old 06-23-2014 | 04:36 PM
2002flstc
Road Warrior

Congrats on the Heritage... nice find... welcome to the forum

Old 06-23-2014 | 08:07 PM
mswmn
Road Master

That is a really nice looking bike. You will not regret it. Have fun!

Old 06-23-2014 | 11:09 PM
funbikerchick
Tourer

Congrats! I just bought a Heritage a couple of weeks ago! I love mine and I am sure you will love yours!

Old 06-24-2014 | 08:11 AM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior

Welcome to the Heritage side of the force
Ride her a little while and then get out the wallet and make her yours... Muhahahahah.......

Old 06-24-2014 | 09:13 AM
AUspicious
|
Intermediate

I do plan to personalize the bike a little, but not much mechanical. I kind of like the way the bike looks stock.

Oh, when I was finalizing the transaction, the seller pointed at an enormous, nearly 2-inch-thick book on the table and said "there's the owner's manual." It was the size of a small city's phone book. I thought, "Holy crap!" Then I realized it was a HD parts catalog and the owner's manual was laying behind it. :-)

Old 06-24-2014 | 09:17 AM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by AUspicious
I do plan to personalize the bike a little, but not much mechanical. I kind of like the way the bike looks stock.

Oh, when I was finalizing the transaction, the seller pointed at an enormous, nearly 2-inch-thick book on the table and said "there's the owner's manual." It was the size of a small city's phone book. I thought, "Holy crap!" Then I realized it was a HD parts catalog and the owner's manual was laying behind it. :-)
You did good. We worked out the deal on our bike where the dealer included the electrical and the mechanical factory service manuals. Good info in the factory manuals but some times confusing, and I'm an aircraft mechanic.

Old 06-24-2014 | 09:27 AM
Skitzer
Road Master

Welcome and congrats on your new Heritage.
Best Harley made and I'm sure you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

Quick Reply: It's official...I own a Heritage Softail!