Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forward Controls on an FL Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 11:27 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Forward Controls on an FL Fatboy

I bought a set from that same mob on eBay and they ASSURED me the forward controls would fit my 07 model but they don't even go close. By the time you have figured there is a problem it is too late to leave negative feedback.

I would strongly advise against buying off ebay for anything you have any doubts about because you can't return them and after you have left feedback for the item, they don't wanna know.

Accutronix seems to be a viable option... although NOT cheap but cheaper than some.

Regards,
Dean

Old 05-19-2007, 11:40 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior

Hey dude,

Thanks for your help re. the forward controls. Will order some bits from accutronix after I bank some money next week from my beloved customers Have just ordered Vance and Hines Big Radius exhaust system, Kurakyn Hypercharger with the 7 color LED side cover thing, Power Commander USB III so that should keep me busy for a little while

Was just reading your TO DO list for your bike... can't wait to see the finished product.

I saw this mega cool looking fatboy at a bike show in Liverpool (Suburb of Sydney, New South Wales) a few weeks back... so after seeing this think I might get some spoked wheels for mine too!... might be old school but looks FAB on the bike I saw (picture attached).

Regards,
Dean

[IMG]local://upfiles/24695/A044A544B46E4BEF8D74C2E482B64012.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-19-2007, 12:03 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior

Hi,

How close does the brake pedal go to the front fender when you push it and are turning left? Looks like it would be REAL close... I am 6" and wanted to extend mine when I go to put them on soon but don't wanna risk it hitting front fender. Not sure if the front fender on my 07 and yours are the same etc etc? Any ideas?

Dean

Old 05-19-2007, 12:32 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior

Hey again,

Just a warning to anybody with an 07 model considering buying forward controls from outlaw cycle products on eBay. They assured me they would fit my 07 flstf but they don't.

Have a look at the pic below. I am pointing to the bit on the bracket (it is part of the bracket, not a spacer) which is about 3/4" thick and moves the connecting rod so close to the motor that it hits on the front of cylinder 1 Further to that it has no adjustment that let you reposition the foot control or the connecting rod back or forward in relation to each other. The accutronix forward controls do NOT have this spacer bit and that is why they fit and they CAN be adjusted. Guess that is why they get the big bucks! Same really as I really liked the look of the ones I bought on ebay and they SEEM to be of good quality. Guess the lesson to be learned here is that most of these mobs will say a part WILL fit even if they have no clue. I suggest anybody ask for a money-back guarantee IN WRITING for anything they are told WILL fit prior to parting with any cash.

This is the link to the forward controls I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...ayphotohosting

Regards,
Dean

[IMG]local://upfiles/24695/AF608CBCC1DF4BC9989EBBF07F33E885.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-19-2007, 05:11 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Dean, haven't heard from you in email in a bit.

The Accutronix kit for the Softails are 1" extended than a Stock Deuces. There is no kit to extend the Accutronix one. He wont sell you an extended version because he will say they will hit the front fender (his +3" extended ones). I mean you can call him..Troy... and try to work out a situation with him to get +3 extended going... He's offered to customize mounts for me, so he might for you. No no problem with the brake when the front bars are turned(the BACK ones.. don't be touching the front brakes while turning).

You can also get fold up pegs..for them.. I didn't notice them when I bought the kit. So you know your options... You can get mini floorboards instead of the round pegs as well.

I basicly got all the front end pieces (lowers/uppers/caps, aux lighting, chrome nacelle, relocation of front turn signals) but been sick for the past 4 days with a nasty head cold. Will be putting them on soon. I also have the chrome controls for the bars.. no bars yet, no grips yet or lines...soon tho after I get the bottom end on.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:17 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

I am getting a bunch of PMs from various peeps asking about the forward controls. So I am going to bump this thread since it took me a while to find it myself.

And ya my front end chrome is on now.. putting on bars within the next 2 weeks.(lines/grips/chrome controls too)

Old 06-11-2007, 03:23 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Vertigo. How are the forward controls for comfort on long rides? How much cash was it for everything?

Old 06-11-2007, 03:28 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

they just fine for long rides..350 or so not a problem

they around 900 or so for the set up need the controls, pegs, shift pegs, brake line, and jiff stand

and a bottle of DOT 5 brake fluid

Old 08-23-2007, 10:29 PM
camens
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my forward controls from Accutronix, along with the brake line and jiffy stand. I just have to say that this post is a life saver. I was completely confused on the placement of the brake line, but now it makes a lot more sense. Thanks Vertigo!!

Old 08-23-2007, 10:41 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

you need too update your picture camens... when you get them on

enjoy

Quick Reply: Forward Controls on an FL Fatboy