Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outlaw Cycles WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014 | 02:26 PM
HDluxy
|
Cruiser
Angry Outlaw Cycles WTF?

Man.....I've had a streak of bad luck, first Samson (had to finally have credit card company kill transaction and credit my account) Now Outlaw Cycles on a set of wheels......Did a search before I purchased them and did not see anything recent that would prompt me to steer clear. I was told 3-4 weeks when I paid in full on 5/2. DNA Mammoth Black powdercoat with stainless fat spokes, 16x3.5 rear, 21x3.5 in the front. Been calling almost daily looking for updates since week three. It's now six weeks, approaching seven and no idea when I am getting my wheels. This is bull$hit, if you guys out there cannot run your business more appropriately close the GD f#@!$ doors. I buy materials on a massive scale every day and have never seen anything like this! First exhaust, now wheels!! Can I cancel? hell yeah but then I am back to waiting for wheels from someone else? I have rotors and tires sitting in my garage waiting for these freakin wheels. Anyone else have any experience with these guys in the past three to six months? Hopefully someone (DNA or Outlaw) sees this thread and acts quick enough save a customer. Maybe they don't give a $hit?

Old 06-18-2014 | 03:37 PM
Gunzenrosa
Novice

I just went through the same deal. Waited 8 weeks total but outlaw was cool about the situation and gave me a free t shirt lol.
I think it's DNA that has to pick up the slack by hiring more people or managing the people they have better.
Be patient is all I can say. Maybe ask for a t shirt for your inconvenience lol.

Old 06-18-2014 | 06:03 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior

I had a local shop promise me a set of Performance Machine wheels in 3-4 weeks, it took 10 weeks to get them. I talked to some of the guys at a PM trailer at an event and they told me that they always tell their dealers 8-12 weeks, so my local guys were feeding me a line of ****. If you're honest with me up front about the wait time I have patience, nothing worse than expecting something to arrive and have to keep waiting. I ordered a piece from Thunder Cycle back in February,they emailed the next day and said it was on backorder and it may be quite a while before it available, but they also haven't charged my card yet. I respect them for their honesty and I kept the order placed. I feel your pain,especially after reading your Sampson thread. Good luck I hope you get what you want.

Old 06-18-2014 | 06:15 PM
oct1949
Club Member

That even pi$$es me off..

Its also one reason I almost refuse to buy anything through the mail plus I hate to buy what i can't see and touch...

I have to admit I have ordered through Dennis Kirk,, They are excellent about telling if anything is on B.O.. and not in stock..

I hope you get your wheels and results fast to eliminate the issue..

Old 06-18-2014 | 06:40 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

***** a T-shirt! Don't you just hate that $hit? Listen to this one. Got my bike up and running, new cams and had the heads done. I go out for my 1st ride and what? My SS went out on me! I emailed JD on Sunday night I think it was. I was sooo worried, in a panic, lost and confused.......Umm, no I wasn't. When I got up Monday to call JD I had a return email from him and Isabella before I picked the phone up to call them. Their return email informed me that a brand new SS, complete set up from switch to shock already in the mail and on it's way to me. OH, they even sent a paid for, return shipping to them with my old SS.

Can any vendor out there beat or match that customer service and warranty??

Old 06-18-2014 | 06:43 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior

Been there with another dealer about my wheels. Ordered them, waited forever, come to find out most their employees were at Bikeweek, delayed my order. Finally got things going, got my wheels and the rear was off 1/8" to the left, what a mess. Couldn't put it on without cocking the wheel so it wouldn't rub the belt. Ended up sending back and getting it straightened out, took another 3 weeks, but they made it right.
Then I ordered my headlight from a reputable company, got the light and it wasn't centered, the visor was off to the side, I went ballistic. Had to send the junk light back and they had to make a new light, didn't have it in stock because it was a new model, another delay.
Got all this **** done, the IPB goes out on my bike. Another 2-3 weeks before the new cases came in.
Finally thought I was done with the bad luck, one week after I get the IPB repaired, some idiot backs into my bike and destroys the front end. I almost went to jail that day.... That was a bad year!

Old 06-18-2014 | 10:22 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior

When I ordered my TWISTED Fat spokes (DNA) told me 4-6 weeks, it took 9 weeks. It is what it is. BUT I called KC almost everyday after week six. Guess they got tired of me calling so I started calling DNA. They made me feel a little better when they told me that I was the second person in the US that had a set of Twisted Fat spokes.

This was my 4th set of DNA's, so I kinda knew what to expect. But Im still impatient as hell.

Old 06-18-2014 | 10:22 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior

Delete

Old 06-18-2014 | 10:56 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
I had a local shop promise me a set of Performance Machine wheels in 3-4 weeks, it took 10 weeks to get them. I talked to some of the guys at a PM trailer at an event and they told me that they always tell their dealers 8-12 weeks, so my local guys were feeding me a line of ****. If you're honest with me up front about the wait time I have patience, nothing worse than expecting something to arrive and have to keep waiting. I ordered a piece from Thunder Cycle back in February,they emailed the next day and said it was on backorder and it may be quite a while before it available, but they also haven't charged my card yet. I respect them for their honesty and I kept the order placed. I feel your pain,especially after reading your Sampson thread. Good luck I hope you get what you want.

Agree 100%
It's like someone that owes you $.......... if you dont have my $, just tell me and we can work it out, but don't keep duckin' me.

Old 06-18-2014 | 11:28 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
***** a T-shirt! Don't you just hate that $hit? Listen to this one. Got my bike up and running, new cams and had the heads done. I go out for my 1st ride and what? My SS went out on me! I emailed JD on Sunday night I think it was. I was sooo worried, in a panic, lost and confused.......Umm, no I wasn't. When I got up Monday to call JD I had a return email from him and Isabella before I picked the phone up to call them. Their return email informed me that a brand new SS, complete set up from switch to shock already in the mail and on it's way to me. OH, they even sent a paid for, return shipping to them with my old SS.

Can any vendor out there beat or match that customer service and warranty??
another ss bites the dust bummer man

Quick Reply: Outlaw Cycles WTF?